Sr Embedded Software Engineer (Payments)Primary Location: Santa Clara, California Additional location(s): California - Remote; Remote - VA (DC Metro), Virginia; Remote, Arizona
At GoDaddy the future of work looks different for each team. Some teams work in the office full-time, others have a hybrid arrangement (they work remotely some days and in the office some days) and some work entirely remotely.
Hybrid-or-Remote: This position may be a hybrid or fully remote position, as decided by your manager. If designated as hybrid, you’ll divide your time between working remotely from your home and an office location, so you should live within commuting distance. If designated as remote, you’ll be working remotely from your home and may occasionally visit a GoDaddy office to meet with your team for events or offsites. Your hiring manager can share more about this role’s hybrid or remote designation.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands.
Join our team...
Join our Commerce Devices Team in building GoDaddy’s next generation omni-channel commerce platform for Small and Medium businesses.
As a Senior Software Engineer (Payment/Cloud Kernels & Security), GoDaddy Payments, you will create world class payment experiences for merchants and customers for GoDaddy Smart Terminals. These payment experiences will be used by both internal and external developers building apps on the PoyntOS platform.
You will be responsible for defining the technical requirements, design, development/integration,testing and maintenance of all aspects of the embedded software that handles payment and security, including the payment framework and API’s, EMV transaction flows, EMV Level 2 payment kernels, PCI security and many special features. You will get to work on projects involving newer payment technologies, such as cloud-based payment kernels, non-EMV cards, etc. You will ensure that the software passes certification and remains compliant with the various payment and security specifications. You will get to work with a variety of payment devices, both our own as well as third-party devices. You will work closely with a number of cross-functional teams and partners both within, and outside of GoDaddy.
Your experience should include...
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS, related field or equivalentexperience.
- Familiar with all aspects of the software development lifecycle.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working in the Payments domain.
- Familiarity with EMV Level 2 Kernels, and EMV transaction flows.
- Familiarity with PCI Security and crypto algorithms.
- Experience in embedded software design & development.
- Expert level skills in C/C++ development.
- Experience Developing on ARM processors
- Experience using debugging tools, such as JTAG
- Experience working with Smart Cards (Contact/Contactless).
- Familiarity with Android/Java development would be a plus.
- Strong orientation towards teamwork and the ability to foster collaboration within and across teams
You might also have...
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of Agile development environment
- Familiarity with software configuration management tools such as Github.
- Creative problem-solving skills and ability to effectively communicate and translate feedback, needs, and solutions
We've got your back... Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), which may vary depending on role and tenure, including paid time off, 401k, bonus eligibility, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Once approved, continue to have a side hustle if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
About us... GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us (https://aboutus.godaddy.net/about-us/overview/default.aspx.)
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at email@example.com.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.Job ID R016911
GoDaddy's compensation is local to where you are and may vary based on an individual's qualifications at the time of the offer. The anticipated annual base salary ranges for select locations are listed below:
- Seattle, New York City - $128000.00 to $160000.00
- Colorado, Washington State - $113500.00 to $142000.00