Software Engineer - E-commercePrimary Location: Santa Clara, California Additional location(s): Kirkland, Washington; Tempe, Arizona
GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit www.GoDaddy.com.
Your manager is in Santa Clara, CA but you can work remotely or near a GoDaddy office. This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Colorado, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands.
What you’ll get to do…
The Ecommerce organization is one of the key strategic pillars of GoDaddy, with an important contribution to the company's revenue, customer growth, and innovation. The right individual will be self-driven, positive, and willing to lead technical decisions, and mentor other engineers. Someone who cares about maintainability of the code, automation, deployment processes, system resiliency and how to enable innovation. They will go beyond just coding and help to shape the engineering culture and best practices here at GoDaddy.
In this role, you will:
- Be accountable for code quality and writing unit and integration tests
- Perform code reviews to suggest, encourage, and support coding best practices
- Design and build distributed systems in service-oriented architecture
- Collaborate with product management, design, and support to understand the problems we want to solve and how we can solve them
- Work collaboratively with a distributed team
- Continuously learn and share new ideas and technical concepts
- Rotate responsibilities for on call
Your experience should include...
- Solid understanding of web clients and APIs performance
- Understanding of database mechanics and performance
- Passion for quality and right sized automated tests
- Experience building software using Agile concepts and processes
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
You might also have...
- Experience developing applications on AWS
- Ruby, Ruby on Rails, and MySQL experience
We've got your back... Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
About us... GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us (https://aboutus.godaddy.net/about-us/overview/default.aspx.)
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.Job ID R012577