Senior Software Engineer - Cloud PlatformsPrimary Location: Santa Clara, California Additional location(s): Gilbert, Arizona; Kirkland, Washington; Scottsdale, Arizona
GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit www.GoDaddy.com.
Join our team
Our Cloud Platforms team is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help accelerate GoDaddy’s cloud journey! This is an excellent opportunity to use the latest tools, technologies and processes on a built from the ground up cloud platform that serves as the foundation of many of GoDaddy’s services.
You will work in a scrum team developing solutions that will help drive developer efficiency and productivity while maintaining security and governance. This is a highly visible role that will lead key design decisions on many of the company’s tougher cloud challenges. You will develop applications, tools, and solutions end-to-end. You will have an opportunity to define your own APIs, choose the appropriate compute types, use the most suitable databases, and build solutions that span globally into many geographical regions. Come join our high-impact team of dedicated engineers and help shape the success of our cloud journey.
Location: Your manager is in Tempe, Arizona, but you’ll be working remotely from anywhere in the United States.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Colorado, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands
What you'll get to do...
- Act as the subject matter expert within and outside the team in multiple technical domains
- Provide architectural guidance, best practices, tools, and patterns to the wider GoDaddy developer community on AWS technologies
- Write highly scalable, highly available, cloud-native applications
- Demonstrate load testing and chaos engineering to build more resilient applications
- Test code via system, functional and unit tests
- Work with newer technologies such as serverless, micro-services, containers, and distributed architectures
- Develop using core AWS services and evaluate the compatibility of new AWS services with our use cases
- Mentor junior and senior engineers on architecture, design, and coding best practices
Your experience should include...
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Information Systems, or related field or equivalent experience
- 5+ years industry experience in a software engineering role and building large scale distributed applications or solutions
- Strong experience in a programming language such as Python, Java, Node, Golang, etc
- 1+ years of Cloud computing experience using publicly available services
- Strong foundation in data structures, software designs, micro services, and containers
- Experience testing and deploying code using CI/CD pipelines
- Strong communication skills
You might also have…
- Experience with the Spring Framework
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience in an Agile development environment
We’ve got your back
Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.Job ID R011565