Senior Software Engineer - Back End/ServerSanta Clara, California
GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit www.GoDaddy.com.
Join our team…
The Commerce Foundational Services team in building GoDaddy’s next generation omni-channel commerce platform for Small and Medium businesses.
We are open to remote, Bay Area strongly preferred.
What you’ll get to do…
We’re (formerly Poynt Co.) famous for our smart payment terminal but much of the brains in the Poynt ecosystem resides on the cloud. As a Commerce Foundational Services team member, you will contribute to many important aspects of the new GoDaddy’s Commerce platform with combined capabilities from both Poynt and GoDaddy:
- A comprehensive set of commerce APIs for business, transaction, product catalog, and customer management that powers all of GoDaddy’s first-party applications as well as all apps in our developer ecosystem
- Our powerful data platform that takes in logs and key information from our worldwide fleet of devices, combining it with business and other actionable information on the server side to deliver real-time insights to our customers and in-depth BI analytics to drive our roadmap
- Terminal management system that manages millions of payment terminals (built by both Poynt and 3rd party OEMs) around the world.
- Application credentials and Encryption Key Management system
Your experience should include…
- 5+ years of Java, server side programming, and developing secure, highly performant cloud applications
- You’ve designed and implemented external facing, highly organized APIs for a third-party ecosystem
- Expertise in large scale cloud/API services, distributed systems, databases (SQL and NoSQL), Java web app threading model, REST, HTTP, OAuth2, and multi-layered security.
- Experience developing web application servers (Tomcat, Glassfish, or JBoss), Spring, JPA, and Hibernate.
- Experience in OO, DI, IoC design patterns, messaging systems, asynchronous processing.
You might also have…
- Experience working with data pipelines, data warehousing, and analytics tools (Spark, Hadoop, Elasticsearch, Redshift)
- You’ve used Kafka, Elasticsearch and Redis in production
- 2+ years of experience with Amazon Web Services.
We’ve got your back
Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at email@example.com.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.Job ID R012113