Senior Software Development Engineer (Android)Primary Location: Santa Clara, California - Remote Additional location(s): California; Los Angeles, California; Ontario, Canada; Quebec, Canada
Santa Clara, open to remote.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Colorado, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands.
Join our team...
Our Mission is to enable small business owners to sell everywhere and grow their business via easy-to-use Mobile tools. We work fearlessly to build innovative solutions, platforms and business applications tailored to the unique needs of the small business owner. Using a collaborative, agile, small team approach we make cutting edge technologies simple and effective. Our team of technologists do the heavy lifting, so our customers can focus on making their dreams come true. We are looking for a strong software engineer with a mobile application focus to be a part of the journey. The right individual will be self-driven, positive, and able to amplify the talents of others.
What you'll get to do...
- Contributing to our Mobile application(s) using Kotlin to deliver compelling user experiences.
- Participating in planning, architectural discussion, implementation and maintenance of a Mobile application enabling personalized interactions with customers.
- Being accountable for code quality, writing unit, integration, and automation tests
- Helping and advising in the selection of the most appropriate frameworks to use with the product.
- Contributing to Open-Source projects related to the tech stack and domain of our products.
- Performing code reviews to suggest, encourage, and support coding best practices.
Your experience should include...
- At least 4 years of professional software development experience
- Strong knowledge of Kotlin and the Android SDK
- Deep understanding of Design Patterns and how they can be applied to mobile development
- Experience in debugging mobile applications.
- Knowledge in writing Automated test using mocked data
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
You might also have...
- Experience with Reactive Programming, Dependency Injection techniques, MVVM architecture.
- Familiarity with Jetpack libraries and tools such as AndroidX, LiveData, Data Binding, Flow, and Navigation
- Experience building software using Agile concepts and processes
GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us (https://aboutus.godaddy.net/about-us/overview/default.aspx.)
We've got your back...
Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at email@example.com.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.Job ID R012552