Senior Data Scientist, Statistical ModelingPrimary Location: Santa Clara, California Additional location(s): Cambridge, Massachusetts; Hiawatha, Iowa; Kirkland, Washington; San Francisco, California; Scottsdale, Arizona
GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. With 20 million customers worldwide, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
Location: Your manager is located in Tempe, AZ, but you’ll have the opportunity to work from any GoDaddy office or remotely from anywhere in the US.
The Marketing Science team is made up of Data Scientists who are dedicated to improving the effectiveness of GoDaddy’s advertising strategies. As a member of this team, you will develop models to explain how product, pricing and advertising decisions affect customer behavior, while partnering with business leaders to turn modeled insights into actionable recommendations. As a trusted advisor to the marketing leadership team, you will apply your expertise in data science to improve the performance of existing advertising campaigns, identify new avenues for customer growth, and help shape the future of marketing at GoDaddy.
As a Senior Data Scientist, Marketing you'll get to do...
- Build statistical models to explain the multi-faceted drivers of customer behavior and measure the effectiveness of marketing initiatives
- Present model results to marketing leadership and make recommendations on where GoDaddy should spend its next advertising dollar
- Run simulations to optimize media mix across different advertising channels and develop a framework for making tradeoff decisions across geographies and marketing objectives
- Partner with a cross-functional team of data engineers and business analysts to automate data collection and identify new signals to enhance marketing models
Your experience should include...
- Advanced degree in a quantitative field or a Bachelor’s degree with significant, practical modeling experience
- 4+ years of experience building statistical models using messy, real-world datasets
- Experience implementing a broad-range of statistical methods, including generalized linear models, multi-level/hierarchical models, and time series analysis
- Background in causal inference and highly skilled at extracting causal insights from non-experimental data
- Excellent communication skills
You might also have...
- Experience with media mix modeling, marketing attribution, and advertising experimentation
- Knowledge of Bayesian techniques and modeling libraries such as Stan, TensorFlow Probability, or PyMC3
We've got your back...
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at email@example.com.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.Job ID R011310