Senior Android EngineerPrimary Location: Santa Clara, California - Remote Additional location(s): California; Washington
GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit www.GoDaddy.com.
Join our team….
Join our Commerce Devices Team in building GoDaddy’s next generation omni-channel commerce platform for Small and Medium businesses.
We are open to remote, Bay Area strongly preferred
What you’ll get to do…
As a Senior Android Engineer, GoDaddy Payments, you will create world class payment experiences for merchants and customer on GoDaddy Smart Terminals. These payment experiences will be used by both internal and external developers building apps on PoyntOS platform. You will Architect solutions and execution through hands-on development, quality-assurance, and prototyping. You will deliver code in an Agile software development using test-driven development methodologies, participate and promote architectural initiatives, balancing long-term velocity with short-term customer needs, and play an active role in development life cycle activities like design, coding, testing and production release. Product will be a closer partner as you craft great product experiences.
Your experience should include…
- Experience with Android UI design (including custom views)
- Experience writing Android clients for Web Services (REST, RPC, GraphQL, protobuf)
- Experience with Android Activities and Fragments
- Experience with multi-threaded development on Android platforms
- Firm understanding of Intents, Content Providers, Services, Broadcast Receivers, AsyncTask, Handlers, etc.
- Experience with SQLite on Android
- Proven experience with object-oriented design and design patterns
- Experience using Git
- Knowledge of JSON and XML parsing, and/or DOM traversal.
- Experience with native Android UI development for phones and tablets (multi-resolutions, resource utilization such as images, layouts, strings)
- Awareness of the Android UI/UX guidelines
- Experience with Bluetooth, NFC, Location and/or Accelerometer; other sensors
- Experience with Internationalization and Localization
You might also have…
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, MIS, related field or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience developing Android Apps and Services
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a plus
- Must have strong teamwork orientation and the ability to foster collaboration within and across teams
- Knowledge of and desire to work in an Agile development environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Creative problem-solving skills and ability to effectively communicate and translate feedback, needs, and solutions
We’ve got your back
Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.Job ID R012145