Senior Android EngineerPrimary Location: Santa Clara, California Additional location(s): Kirkland, Washington; Tempe, Arizona
Location: Any US location
This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Colorado, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands.
We are looking for a strongly driven, customer focused Android software engineer who loves working with the latest trends in Android development, such as Jetpack, Constraint Layout, and Coroutines, with a keen understanding of modern Android framework architectures and design patterns.
As an Android engineer, your duties will involve implementing new apps, maintaining code, and improving the quality and responsiveness of the apps. This team is responsible for building commerce applications in POS (Point of Sale) and Mobile devices, including Register, Terminal, Invoices, Help, and more. Merchants utilize these apps to display their products, create and execute in-person orders, print customer receipts, review transaction history, send invoices to their customers, and much more.
The right individual for this role is self-driven and positive; someone who cares about maintainability of the code, automation, and streamlined deployment processes.
What you'll get to do...
- Write the code of different commerce Android applications
- Maintain the quality and responsiveness of applications
- Be accountable for writing unit and integration tests
- Perform code reviews to suggest, encourage, and support coding best practices
- Work collaboratively with a distributed team
- Continuously learn and share innovative ideas and technical concepts
What we use:
- Java and Kotlin
- RESTFUL/ Retrofit library
- Jira and Confluence
- Test automation tools like Appium
- Android test frameworks, such as Mockito and Roboelectric
- Slack and Zoom for regular team communications
Your experience should include...
- 3+ years professional Android experience
- Proficiency in Java or Kotlin
- Strong computer science, object-oriented programming, and design fundamentals
- Strong understanding of android architecture using MVVM
- Passion for quality, user experience, and innovative of android development
- Android UI principles and best practices
- Supporting different screen sizes, layout orientations, and languages
- Offline storage, threading, and notifications
- RESTful APIs to integrate with Android applications
- Dependency Injection
- Unit testing and test automation principles
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficiency with Git/GitHub
- Understanding of modern software security best practices
- Proficiency in building software using Agile concepts and processes
- Experience in RxJava or Coroutines is a plus
We've got your back... Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
About us... GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us (https://aboutus.godaddy.net/about-us/overview/default.aspx.)
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.Job ID R012740