Principal Engineer - PaymentsPrimary Location: Utah - Remote Additional location(s): California; Washington
GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit www.GoDaddy.com.
Join our team…
The Commerce Payments Platform team is a distributed team over three different locations composing of highly top-tier engineers. We encourage new ideas and expects all members of the team to have a voice in technical decisions. A micro-services architecture is our vision but we also understand the complexity that comes with it. We follow the scrum process but also understands that flexibility in doing the right thing for our customer is the ultimate goal. We work mostly behind the scenes but our work have wide ranging impacts on merchant’s businesses and we are very proud of that.
We are open to remote, Bay Area strongly preferred
What you'll get to do…
In this role, you will be responsible for designing, building, and maintaining the Platform services and infrastructure that moves money at Poynt.
- Your design will need to be highly available and reliable due to the high volume of transactions that would be flowing through it.
- Work in the Payments platform is used by the rest of the organization and is a key strategic asset of the company.
- Your design must support low-latency, distributed processing systems that processes at a very high volume.
- You must consider and make meaningful tradeoffs between consistency and availability when needed.
- Build easy to use granular APIs that abstracts away the complexity of money movement.
- Your work must also take into consideration security and compliance requirement of the highest degree for handling customer’s sensitive data.
- Understand the Platform strategy in your design in order to allow the many divisions of our company to leverage the Payments platform to build new products.
Your experience should include…
- 8+ years of Java, server side programming, and developing secure, highly performant cloud applications.
- You’ve designed and implemented external facing, highly organized APIs for a third-party ecosystem.
- Expertise in large scale cloud/API services, distributed systems, databases (SQL and NoSQL), Java web app threading model, REST, HTTP, OAuth2, and multi-layered security.
- Experience developing web application servers (Tomcat, Jetty), Spring Boot, JPA, and Hibernate.
- Experience in OO, DI, IoC design patterns, messaging systems, asynchronous processing.
- Comfortable with (*)nix CLI and shell scripting.
- Basic knowledge of encryption algorithms and public key cryptography.
You might also have…
- Payments industry experience, familiarity with card processing, settlement, PCI security
- You’ve used Kafka, Elasticsearch and Redis in production
- 2+ years of experience with Amazon Web Services.
- Experienced in stream processing application concepts.
- 2+ years of experience building key management systems and deep understanding of DUPKT and other key management schemes.
We've got your back...
Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.Job ID R012147