Hardware Engineering LeadPrimary Location: Santa Clara, California - Remote Additional location(s): Arizona; Kirkland, Washington; Scottsdale, Arizona; Tempe, Arizona; Washington
Get to know us
GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit www.GoDaddy.com.
Santa Clara, California
This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Colorado, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands
What you'll get to do...
- Help build a world class team of hardware engineers dedicated to the development of electronics hardware for omni commerce products and solutions
- Coordinate and align with cross-functional integration efforts with Product and Program Office, Marketing and Branding, OS, HW, Fulfillment, Care, Certifications, Compliance, and overseas partners to ensure full coverage in criteria and expectations
- Drive standard methodologies within the team and contribute to socialization processes across company
- Conduct reviews on architecture, design intent, component specification, analysis and validation plans to ensure high quality of work
- Drive delivery and development of on-time, reliable and high quality hardware solution in support of our program and mission
Your experience should include...
- BS or MS in Engineering or equivalent related field
- 7+ years of technical experience in driving sophisticated high volume consumer electronics hardware systems from concept to mass production
- 5+ years of direct management experience with a proven track record of leading high-performance teams
- Demonstrated expertise in design, sourcing, tooling NPI, quality, compliance, MP, fulfillment
- Demonstrated experience in program management and cross functional communication and alignment
- Experience aligning cross functional teams to drive go to market
- Solid understanding in design fundamentals and experience fulfilling demand for high quality and reliable electronic hardware systems
- Experience validating complex, high-availability electronic systems
- Mix of hands-on skills and management experience in mission-critical product development environments
- Data driven decision making ability
- Strong cross-functional communication and teamwork
- Proven success in developing electrical architectures and execution
- Ability to learn quickly, starting with little information and quickly becoming a professional in your domain
We've got your back...
Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at email@example.com.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.Job ID R011972