Director of Marketing, Mobile AcquisitionPrimary Location: Santa Clara, California Additional location(s): Kirkland, Washington; San Francisco, California; Scottsdale, Arizona; Tempe, Arizona
GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. With 20 million customers worldwide, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
Location: Kirkland, WA | San Francisco, CA | Santa Clara, CA | Scottsdale, AZ | US Remote
This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Colorado, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands.
Do you love being at the forefront of innovation and being part of a massive growth story? Are you passionate about the power of social media, content creation, and for small business success? Do you thrive in environments where you have permission to experiment? Do you want to be the leader on a fast-moving, high growth team? If yes, we want to hear from you!
Our vision is to be the benchmark for mobile marketing to the next wave of entrepreneurs, and we are looking for a strategic marketing leader to drive this. In the role of Head of User Acquisition for Mobile at GoDaddy, you will work with product managers and product marketing managers to define strategy across multiple apps. You will build marketing plans (audience, budget, metrics, channels) to drive adoption. The position is strategic, but also executional as necessary. The successful candidate possesses sharp business and ecosystem acumen, is results-oriented and works collaboratively in a fast-paced environment. You are data-driven and a curious learner who use the insights from data tell a story. You thrive in a constantly evolving, dynamic environment while leading a performance marketing team.
GoDaddy is committed to building products to help entrepreneurs grow their business where many customers live their lives, in social media and via mobile app. We have a powerful suite of products to support mobile-first entrepreneurs.
What you'll get to do...
- Develop a team of performance marketers to build and execute an outstanding global mobile strategy to achieve results-oriented user acquisition goals, maximizing paid and organic tactics
- Use quantitative and qualitative insights and data to advise growth strategy, product roadmap, prioritization
- Develop a strategic pipeline for innovation in performance marketing (channels, placements, audience, creative, and more) while meeting growth and efficiency targets
- Oversee budget management—including ROI targets, reporting, and forecasting—and prepare and present performance reports to key partners
- Work with in-house creative resources and external agencies to achieve high-converting creative at an extensive scale
- Implement rigorous hypothesis driven testing methodology to drive the business – attribution and marketing mix optimization for key segments will be critical
- Handle existing tooling that supports performance marketing (i.e. Appsflyer) and evaluate external tooling as needed to increase growth
Your experience should include...
- 10+ years of marketing experience across consumer apps, social media, digital marketing, or consulting. MBA preferred but not required.
- Proven results in mobile growth marketing across both paid and organic mobile channels
- Optimally built and crafted the planning and execution of multiple, sophisticated mobile-marketing programs, e.g., experimentation, ROI monitoring, incrementally testing
- Understanding of CPA, ROI, LTV, payback periods; has easy fluency with how different metrics affect one another
- Strong communication skills and ability to clearly articulate impact; ability to influence and work cross-functionally across several internal teams
- Deep analytics background and a high degree of proficiency with rigorous data tools. Data-driven decision making within imperfect or incomplete information environments
- Strong leadership presence to lead directly and through influence to drive execution of strategy in a global organization with contending priorities
- Hands on experience executing campaigns within paid advertising channels (ASA, Google UAC, Facebook, etc.) advantageous
- Possess deep understanding of mobile landscape, marketing channels, app eco-systems, and funnel management
We've got your back...
Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at email@example.com.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.Job ID R010661