Analytics Manager, ExperimentationSanta Clara, California
GoDaddy powers the world's largest cloud platform dedicated to small, independent ventures. Our mission is to empower entrepreneurs everywhere, making opportunity more inclusive for all. We're a trusted growth partner to over 19 million everyday entrepreneurs worldwide. We're empowering them to change the world if it doesn't quite fit them. To make their idea real. To grow it online. We help them do what they've been dreaming of and make the world they want. To learn more about us visit www.GoDaddy.com.
Join Our Team
We are seeking an analytics manager of experimentation. This person will thrive in playing a key role in owning an online experimentation program for call center and chat services, one of the main lines of business for the company. The ideal person will demonstrate an aptitude for working with business teams across product management and the customer care center to understand their strategic objectives and tactics and produce playbooks for data-driven optimization via A/B tests. The candidate should enjoy conceptualizing a team’s strategy to identify optimization opportunities and be a strong influence in how those opportunities are tested. Satisfy partners so that they’re excited to test more!
Location Any major office location: Scottsdale, AZ, Bay Area, CA, Seattle/Kirkland, WA
What You’ll Get to Do
- Consult and advise business teams on A/B and multivariate test opportunities, experiment design and standard methodologies, establishing oneself as a subject matter expert and trustworthy partner.
- Conduct statistical data analysis of experiments, including primary and secondary metrics and segmentation.
- Present and communicate test results and provide recommendations on next steps.
- Build self-service tools for the business, including the development and improvement of test results dashboards.
- Collaborate with data engineering to improve the data environment, facilitating improved analytics and automated reporting.
- Advocate for a culture of experimentation and educate on standard methodologies across the organization.
Your experience should include
Besides internal client-facing and consulting skills, experiment design and analysis skills are also keys to success. This means the candidate must have expert knowledge of inferential statistics, particularly their application in an online experimentation framework. He/she will roll up their sleeves in conducting statistical analysis of data in support of split tests and provide clear actionable insights from the test results. Quality, trustworthy data is crucial, so the candidate will be expected to show leadership in partnering with data engineers to ensure the data environment is robust and tuned to the needs of experimentation at scale.
- Five years of experience in data analytics, including two to three years that emphasize experimentation.
- One year of call center analytics experience is preferred.
- Three to four years of success in leading relationships with marketing or product teams.
- Degree in statistics, data science, mathematics, or other discipline (e.g., economics, psychology, biology) that exposes scientific methods of research and analysis. Master's degree is a plus.
- Strong skills with SQL, Hive, R, and Tableau for data manipulation, statistical analysis, and data visualization.
- Experience with experimentation tools like Optimizely and Adobe Target. Web analytics tools such as Google Analytics.
- Deep knowledge of A/B and multivariate testing methodology, including statistical foundations, best practices, and pitfalls. Pre-post analysis methods and Bayesian statistics are pluses.
- Strength in communicating analysis and translating into relevant business recommendations.
We’ve got your back
Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups. Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please contact our Recruiting Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.
Job ID R009324