Senior Software Engineer - Data PlatformSan Francisco, California | Scottsdale, Arizona | Tempe, Arizona | Kirkland, Washington
GoDaddy powers the world's largest cloud platform dedicated to small, independent ventures. Our mission is to empower entrepreneurs everywhere, making opportunity more inclusive for all. We're a trusted growth partner to over 19 million everyday entrepreneurs worldwide. We're empowering them to change the world if it doesn't quite fit them. To make their idea real. To grow it online. We help them do what they've been dreaming of and make the world they want. To learn more about us visit www.GoDaddy.com.
Join our team
GoDaddy is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our data platform team. We're building the self-service data platform capabilities that empower analytics, machine learning, and products.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will help design and build self-service components of our Data Platform that empower teams across the company to leverage data in their applications. Some example applications that integrate with our Data Platform include our machine learning and experimentation platforms, analytics systems, and personalized user experiences that help our customers start and grow their business online.
We are a distributed team and you can be located anywhere in the United States. We have offices you can use in the Bay Area; in the Seattle area; in Los Angeles, in Cambridge, Massachusetts; in the Phoenix metropolitan area; and in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
What you'll get to do
- Implement a self-service, distributed Data Lake (data mesh) and Data Platform
- Partner with teams across the company on applications that require Data Platform innovation
- Design and implement improvements to our batch and real-time streaming systems
- Contribute to a Data Platform that directly impacts GoDaddy customers
- Contribute to technology working groups and internal open source
Your experience should include
- A degree in computer science or an equivalent technical degree
- 5+ years of software development experience on developing and shipping software
- Proficiency in multiple modern programming languages
- Building highly available distributed systems leveraging cloud technologies
- Using database technologies, like key-value stores or relational databases, to power platforms or user experiences
- Passion for building great software with solid test infrastructure
- Experience with large scale data processing systems like Hadoop, Spark, Flink or Beam
You might also have
- Experience with AWS
We’ve got your back
Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at email@example.com.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.Job ID R009607