Senior Software Engineer - Network AutomationPrimary Location: Romania - Remote Additional location(s): Bulgaria - Remote; India - Remote; Remote - Serbia
Location Details: EMEA, Remote - Romania, Bulgaria or Serbia
At GoDaddy the future of work looks different for each team. Some teams work in the office full-time; others have a hybrid arrangement (they work remotely some days and in the office some days) and some work entirely remotely.
This is a remote position, so you’ll be working remotely from your home. You may occasionally visit a GoDaddy office to meet with your team for events or meetings.
Join our Team
We are looking for engineers to join the Network Automation team. In this role you would be working on developing tools and automation to manage our growing network infrastructure along with coding our way out of operational problems.
Our network empowers GoDaddy engineers to help small business customers start, grow, and run their ventures. GoDaddy teams use the team's network automation solutions daily, either for deployment of new capacity or various lifecycle management issues for the network. If you have the passion, enthusiasm, and love to solve complex and challenging problems, we would like to hear from you!
What you'll get to do...
- Help GoDaddy build the next generation of tools and automation to manage our growing on-premise infrastructure
- Work closely with internal teams to ensure that their assets are delivered quickly and with the highest quality
- Passion to develop high-quality and extraordinary solutions for complex distributed-computing problems
- Participate in agile concepts such as daily stand-up meetings, task tracking boards, design and code reviews, automated testing, continuous integration and deployment
Your experience should include...
- 3+ years experience in system design
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to convey technical issues and details to non-technical users and work
- Experience with network protocols and theory (TCP/IP, MAC addresses, DNS, DHCP, OSI model, BGP, IS-IS, OSPF, MPLS, switch and routing concepts, etc.)
- Experience with Configuration Management (Puppet, Ansible, etc)
- Experience with CI/CD tools and best practices (Jenkins, Pipelines)
- Experience with Agile (Scrum/Kanban) software development, version control Git/GitHub, and related tools
- Experience with Django, Python, and/or Postgres is desired
- Experience with relational databases (Postgres, MySQL, MS-SQL, or similar) and data stores (Redis, or similar)
- Experience with Arista, Juniper and/or Cisco hardware a definite advantage.
- Experience in developing RESTful API and services is a plus
You might also have...
- Strong foundation in Computer Science fundamentals with BS or Master's degree in CS/CE or equivalent work experience
We've got your back... We offer a range of benefits that may include paid time off, retirement savings (e.g., 401k, pension schemes), incentive eligibility, equity grants, participation in an employee stock purchase plan, and other family-friendly benefits including parental leave. GoDaddy’s benefits vary based on individual role and location and can be reviewed in more detail during the interview process.
We also embrace our diverse culture and offer a range of Employee Resource Groups (Culture). Have a side hustle? No problem. We love entrepreneurs! Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
About us... GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing the help and tools to succeed online, making opportunity more inclusive for all. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights, and people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us.
At GoDaddy, we know diverse teams build better products—period. Our people and culture reflect and celebrate that sense of diversity and inclusion in ideas, experiences and perspectives. But we also know that’s not enough to build true equity and belonging in our communities. That’s why we prioritise integrating diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging principles into the core of how we work every day—focusing not only on our employee experience, but also our customer experience and operations. It’s the best way to serve our mission of empowering entrepreneurs everywhere, and making opportunity more inclusive for all. To read more about these commitments, as well as our representation and pay equity data, check out our Diversity and Pay Parity annual report which can be found on our Diversity Careers page.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements. Refer to our full EEO policy.
Our recruiting team is available to assist you in completing your application. If they could be helpful, please reach out to email@example.com.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.Job ID R019242