Senior Principal Security Engineer - EMEA, RemotePrimary Location: Romania - Remote Additional location(s): Bulgaria - Remote; Serbia - Remote
Location Details: EMEA, Remote
We are looking for candidates in Romania, Serbia, and Bulgaria remotely.
At GoDaddy, the future of work looks different for each team. Some teams work in the office full-events or offsites. Your hiring manager can share more about this role’s hybrid or remote time, others have a hybrid arrangement (they work remotely some days and in the office some days), and some work entirely remotely.
Remote: This is a remote position, so you’ll be working remotely from your home. You may occasionally visit a GoDaddy office to meet with your team for events or offsites.
Do you want to be an Information Security Leader at GoDaddy? Can you tackle large-scale and cross-company issues, while ensuring that partnership with the development and operational communities remains front of mind? GoDaddy is looking for a Senior Principal Security Engineer to use their hands-on technical skills, strong leadership abilities, and an eagerness to craft solutions to sophisticated problems. You should be comfortable with communicating with partners, performing security assessments and prioritising security risks, crafting/presenting high-quality work.
This is an excellent opportunity to grow your career and work within an industry-leading tech company.
What you'll get to do...
- Protect Users by performing internal security assessments, working to identify vulnerabilities, and provide remediation mentorship to affected system/application owners
- Join forces with SRE and development teams to find new and creative ways to reduce the occurrence of vulnerabilities at scale
- Review quality issues and work towards detecting security flaws both obvious and discrete
- Assist with prioritising prospective projects, participating in projects from kick-off through “definition of done” via end-to-end ownership
- Use your validated experience to own and drive resolution and retesting of sophisticated security events, policy questions, and technical security risks
Your experience should include...
- 10 + years of progressive security engineering experience with expertise in multiple security domains including but not limited to Security Architecture, Cryptography, Network Security, Cloud Security, Mobile Security, and Web Security
- Technical understanding of security engineering's most effective practices
- Experience in Secure Development Lifecycle and Shift Left with a Security by Design methodology
- Scripting skills (e.g., Python, C, C++, Java, Ruby, or PowerShell)
- Experience applying security engineering's most effective practices that align with security and privacy compliance requirements
You might also have...
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
- Master's degree or Ph.D. in Computer Science
- Hosting Industry Experience
About us... GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights, and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us (https://aboutus.godaddy.net/about-us/overview/default.aspx.)
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, disability, pregnancy, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable country or local laws.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at email@example.com.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.Job ID R018143