Principle Software Engineer – Data Center and Networking Automation - EMEA, RemotePrimary Location: Romania - Remote Additional location(s): Remote - Serbia; Remote
Location Details: EMEA, Remote - Bulgaria, Romania or Serbia
At GoDaddy the future of work looks different for each team. Some teams work in the office full-events or offsites. Your hiring manager can share more about this role’s hybrid or remote time, others have a hybrid arrangement (they work remotely some days and in the office some days) and some work entirely remotely.
This is a remote position, so you’ll be working remotely from your home. You may occasionally visit a GoDaddy office to meet with your team for events or offsites.
GoDaddy seeks software engineers passionate about infrastructure to automate our data centers and network infrastructure and significantly reduce reliance on local human operators.
- Innovate, design, and develop purpose-built, reliable software services and automation tooling to consume, manage, and operate the data center and networking infrastructure
- Partner with the data center infrastructure and network engineering teams to innovate or extend existing ideas and opportunities to manage, monitor, and operate the data center and network infrastructure and increase their utilisation and efficiency to reduce operating costs
- Demonstrate customer focus, a strong bias for action, and lowering operating costs potentially via out-of-box thinking
- Be a role model, mentor, and coach for junior engineers and network with peers within and outside the team
- Strong foundation in Computer Science fundamentals
- Multiple years of experience in a DevOps role
- Strong understanding of algorithms, data structures, and performance optimisation techniques
- Strong knowledge of standard web technologies (such as HTTP, JSON)
- Experience developing and consuming RESTful APIs and services, Configuration Management (such as Puppet, Ansible), CI/CD tools (GitHub actions, Jenkins), source control systems (Git), Agile software development
- Knowledge of databases (such as MySQL, Redis, or similar), network protocols
- Willingness to work in a dynamic, agile environment and participate in all aspects of our agile process
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, flexibility, team spirit, and positive approach
- Experience with public cloud computing environments and applications, ELK (Kibana), and monitoring tools (Icinga) is a plus
- Experience contributing to or managing open-source projects is a plus
- Experience with virtualisation technologies is a big plus (OpenStack KVM, VMware vSphere)
We've got your back... We offer a range of benefits that may include paid time off, retirement savings (e.g., 401k, pension schemes), incentive eligibility, equity grants, participation in an employee stock purchase plan, and other family-friendly benefits including parental leave. GoDaddy’s benefits vary based on individual role and location and can be reviewed in more detail during the interview process.
We also embrace our diverse culture and offer a range of Employee Resource Groups (Culture). Have a side hustle? No problem. We love entrepreneurs! Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
About us... GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing the help and tools to succeed online, making opportunity more inclusive for all. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights, and people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us.
At GoDaddy, we know diverse teams build better products—period. Our people and culture reflect and celebrate that sense of diversity and inclusion in ideas, experiences and perspectives. But we also know that’s not enough to build true equity and belonging in our communities. That’s why we prioritize integrating diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging principles into the core of how we work every day—focusing not only on our employee experience, but also our customer experience and operations. It’s the best way to serve our mission of empowering entrepreneurs everywhere, and making opportunity more inclusive for all. To read more about these commitments, as well as our representation and pay equity data, check out our Diversity and Pay Parity annual report which can be found on our Diversity Careers page.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements. Refer to our full EEO policy.
Our recruiting team is available to assist you in completing your application. If they could be helpful, please reach out to email@example.com.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.Job ID R018984