Internal Audit Manager - EMEA, RemotePrimary Location: Romania - Remote Additional location(s): Bulgaria - Remote; Serbia - Remote
Location Details: EMEA, Remote - Romania, Bulgaria or Serbia
At GoDaddy the future of work looks different for each team. Some teams work in the office full-events or offsites. Your hiring manager can share more about this role’s hybrid or remote time, others have a hybrid arrangement (they work remotely some days and in the office some days) and some work entirely remotely.
Remote: This is a remote position, so you’ll be working remotely from your home. You may occasionally visit a GoDaddy office to meet with your team for events or offsites.
GoDaddy’s Corporate Audit Services (CAS) team plays a central role in assisting the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors, CFO, and General Counsel in fulfilling their responsibilities in leading all aspects of accounting and financial reporting processes and internal controls, compliance with laws, regulations and industry standards and risk management.
We are looking for a go-getter manager to complement the talent in our uniquely integrated audit team. You will play an integral role in conducting CAS’ operational, financial, IT, business process and compliance audit activities, analysing complex business processes, and crafting compelling cases to improve operational activities. Other individuals within the team, as well as partners throughout the company, will look to you for mentorship and consultation as they seek to improve their processes and controls.
This position is responsible for all phases of audit engagements including research and planning, conducting fieldwork, analysing data, and communicating with business partners, executives, and other team members. As a manager, you will be responsible for tracking, summarizing, and communicating to senior management the status and results of CAS’ activities; performing walkthroughs and testing of financial processes; drafting related reports, communicating results with management (in writing and verbally), obtaining management's action plans and monitoring the remediation of control deficiencies.
What you'll get to do...
- Detecting and identifying risks within the business and financial processes and crafting solutions to mitigate them to an acceptable level
- Managing a team by leading, supervising, training/developing team members on all projects and audit engagements
- Leading and conducting walkthroughs and testing of accounting, financial reporting and business process controls associated with the company’s Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) 404 compliance
- Planning and participating in financial, IT & operational audits, identifying risks and gaps and recommending targeted solutions
- Reviewing, auditing and/or analysing complex business processes related to GoDaddy’s online products and services to highlight gaps or opportunities for process improvements
- Communicating audit results (verbally and in writing) along with recommendations to management; obtaining management’s remediation plans and tracking through to completion
- Analysing data sets to detect unmitigated risks or deficient controls, as well as implementing audit monitoring procedures
- Collaborating within CAS and cross-functional business partners to research, plan, & scope audit programs and assess company risks
- Assisting the CAS management team in developing the team’s annual plan
- Performing pre- and post-implementation planning and testing of new business processes and systems
- Developing implementing or extending tools across CAS to streamline documentation, analysis, or reporting
- Guiding and supporting the implementation and operation of CAS initiatives
Your experience should include...
- 6+ years of experience managing or performing audits in an audit, accounting or financial reporting capacity
- Global corporation internal audit experience
- Strong technical knowledge of US GAAP, SEC reporting requirements, PCAOB auditing standards, IIA standards and audit processes and procedures
- Experience conducting walkthroughs and tests of design and execution of internal controls over financial reporting
- Ability to scope and build audit programs, and define work for colleagues within those programs
- Proficient using MS Office Suite, expert level in Excel
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to build relationships with business leaders
- Ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment, consider options and develop accurate solutions
- Attention to detail; keeping the team, our auditors and business partners all in sync
- Teammate inside and out; you enjoy supporting and being supported, both within your team and within your company
- Excellent customer service and continuous improvement focus
- Good level of English skills – both verbal and written
You might also have...
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, MIS or related field
- Big 4 or consulting experience
- CPA, CIA or other applicable professional certification
- Experience supervising and reviewing the work of others
We've got your back... We offer a range of benefits that may include paid time off, retirement savings (e.g., 401k, pension schemes), incentive eligibility, equity grants, participation in an employee stock purchase plan, and other family-friendly benefits including parental leave. GoDaddy’s benefits vary based on individual role and location and can be reviewed in more detail during the interview process.
We also embrace our diverse culture and offer a range of Employee Resource Groups (Culture). Have a side hustle? No problem. We love entrepreneurs! Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
About us... GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing the help and tools to succeed online, making opportunity more inclusive for all. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights, and people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us.
At GoDaddy, we know diverse teams build better products—period. Our people and culture reflect and celebrate that sense of diversity and inclusion in ideas, experiences and perspectives. But we also know that’s not enough to build true equity and belonging in our communities. That’s why we prioritize integrating diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging principles into the core of how we work every day—focusing not only on our employee experience, but also our customer experience and operations. It’s the best way to serve our mission of empowering entrepreneurs everywhere, and making opportunity more inclusive for all. To read more about these commitments, as well as our representation and pay equity data, check out our Diversity and Pay Parity annual report which can be found on our Diversity Careers page.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements. Refer to our full EEO policy here (https://www.godaddy.com/legal/agreements/equal-opportunity-employment-statement).
Our recruiting team is available to assist you in completing your application. If they could be helpful, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.Job ID R018537