Senior Machine Learning ScientistPrimary Location: Quebec Additional location(s): United States - Remote
At GoDaddy the future of work looks different for each team. Some teams work in the office full-time, others have a hybrid arrangement (they work remotely some days and in the office some days) and some work entirely remotely.
This position may be a hybrid or fully remote position, as decided by your manager. If designated as hybrid, you’ll divide your time between working remotely from your home and an office location, so you should live within commuting distance. If designated as remote, you’ll be working remotely from your home and may occasionally visit a GoDaddy office to meet with your team for events or off-sites. Your hiring manager can share more about this role’s hybrid or remote designation.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands.
Join Our Team
Our team is a part of the Worldwide Engineering organization within GoDaddy, and we are looking to hire a Senior Machine Learning Scientist/Applied Researcher experienced with NLP/NLU to join our ML/AR team. Our goal is to build and grow a community of ML scientists and engineers to learn, share, and grow. We are committed to understanding all major business units, and we thrive on empowering business results by leveraging state-of-the-art ML algorithms.
This core Machine Learning/Applied Research team utilizes large-scale data to power various business areas, and a primary goal is to enhance the effectiveness of our team of customer care and sales partners with ML solutions like the self-service chatbot, a customer-centered case management system, and a configurable dynamic routing system to connect our customers with the team member who can answer their questions.
Your contributions will affect millions of customers and have a direct impact on our business results. Our team's challenges include deriving value from sparse data, understanding large scale shopping data to extract and retrieve information, and developing best practices to create the best customer experience and highest customer engagement. GoDaddy has deep and rich data sets, many still untapped, and your real passion for the cutting-edge machine learning algorithms has the power to unlock tangible business growth.
What you will get to do…
- You can articulate and understand a business problem, identify challenges, formulate the ML/NLP problem and provide/prototype solutions
- You will provide technical leadership, identify, and understand key business challenges and opportunities, and develop end-to-end software solutions using ML/NLP.
- You will collaborate extensively with internal partners, program & product management, and engineering teams to ensure that solution meets business needs, emits valid inferences, and is functionally feasible
- You will collect and process large volumes of data and build new and improved techniques and/or solutions for data collection, management, and usage
- You will communicate results in a comprehensible manner to all levels of the company (field teams up to Senior Management)
- You will brainstorm and share knowledge with other team members
Your experience should include…
- MS in machine learning, computer science, or equivalent quantitative field with at least 2 years of industry experience, or PhD in same fields
- A background in both machine learning/NLP and software development; hands-on Deep Neural Network experience is preferred
- Strong algorithm design and programming skills in at least one low level language like C++/Java, and scripting languages like Python/R/Scala
- Experience with distributed computing (Hadoop/Spark)
- Passion for solving interesting and meaningful real-world problems using principled techniques and practices
- Experience working with live data (data cleaning, data visualization, and modeling)
- Passion for collaboration and teamwork
- Experience documenting, synthesizing, and communicating results
Your experience may include…
- Hands-on experience with Google Dialogflow, Live Engage, Kore.ai, or similar chatbot tools
- Defining or implementing chatbot and conversation design best practices
About us... GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us (https://aboutus.godaddy.net/about-us/overview/default.aspx.)
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, disability, pregnancy, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable country or local laws.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at email@example.com.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.Job ID R016523
GoDaddy's compensation is local to where you are and may vary based on an individual's qualifications at the time of the offer. The anticipated annual base salary ranges for select locations are listed below:
- Seattle, New York City - $128000.00 to $160000.00
- Colorado, Washington State - $113500.00 to $142000.00