Data Center Controls EngineerPrimary Location: Phoenix, Arizona
At GoDaddy the future of work looks different for each team. Some teams work in the office full-time, others have a hybrid arrangement (they work remotely some days and in the office some days) and some work entirely remotely.
This is a hybrid position. You’ll divide your time between working remotely from your home and an office, so you should live within commuting distance. Hybrid teams may work in-office as much as a few times a week or as little as once a month or quarter, as decided by leadership. The hiring manager can share more about what hybrid work might look like for this team in the future.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands.
Join our team
The Critical Environments Controls Engineer primarily focuses on all Site BMS; monitoring, maintaining and innovating improvements for all Critical Environments. Primarily, we are searching for a person who fully understands the Automated Logic (ALC) Platform and has a strong background in Chiller Plant Systems controls and troubleshooting. This position includes associated in-field controls hands-on interaction for all power and HVAC systems and equipment. Secondarily, the candidate will assist with departmental critical operations, as needed, at our primary data center location, specifically with HVAC operations and maintenance. Our Critical Environments department centers on KTLO, capacity growth, efficiency and site improvement needed to support Critical IT equipment and overall Go Daddy business.
Primary shift will be during the day, M-F but needs to be able to work a flexible work schedule when needed (deployments, hot months, emergency call, off shift, vacation coverage.)
What you'll get to do...
- Monitor and maintain all department BMS systems for all power and HVAC systems and equipment for our primary/owned data center equipment. This is to include possessing an experienced background in the mechanical field with keen knowledge and practical experience of commercial mechanical systems and central plant operations.
- Review, manage and operate all monitoring systems includes: BMS for critical power, HVAC and fire panel computer.
- Monitor and oversee vendors in relation to BMS and associated controls work. (Chillers, CRAC’s, CRAH’s, fire suppression, controls, and central plant) and property (owned by GoDaddy).
- Troubleshoot critical HVAC system controls and controllers, with an emphasis of controls in the central chiller plant.
- Operate and maintain all critical environment controls located in server, MDF and IDF rooms and other critical spaces.
- Communicate: Work with peers and teammates for our customers and their needs, GoDaddy employees (Data Center operations, Data Center Engineering, GDS, networking, storage, business continuity, Security and GOC.)
- On call 24/7 as needed.
- Help create, use, operate and work with a future CMMS program (equipment information, equipment history, work orders etc.)
- Maintain records: ServiceNow, JIRA, PUE calcs, manuals, and others, as needed
- Work with the senior BMS tech towards common goals
- Analyze trends using our BMS systems to provide reports covering power and HVAC systems/equipment performance, with the intention of showcasing normal use factors, expected KW growth, anomaly identification and corrective measures recommendations
- Collaborate with teammates and other departments to find solutions to challenges
- Research the site and innovate efficiency improvements
- Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Your experience should include...
- 8+ years comparable field experience in Data Center BMS and in-field controls operations
- Automated Logic platform BMS experience required for install, repairs, diagnostics and programming
- Ability to troubleshoot on mechanical equipment controls
- Andover platform BMS experience a plus to install, repair and program
- Site Scan platform experience a plus.
- BMS server replacement, configurations and cabling experience a plus.
- Eight to ten years’ experience in HVAC controls, to include experience in data center environments or comparable environments.
- Knowledge of York centrifugal chillers, Liebert mechanical gear (CRACs, CRAHs), DX cooling, WHSPs, FCUs and deeply understands how a chiller plant functions in reference to the associated BMS.
- Expert knowledge of Data Center mechanical systems and facility operations.
- Proficient in using a computer and experience with BMS systems, Microsoft programs, etc. (Strong background in Word, Excel, PPT, AutoCAD, Visio)
- Physical Stamina and agility enough to stand, walk, climb up and down ladders, and engage in similar physical activities as necessary to access all areas of facilities to operate, repair and maintain.
We've got your back... Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), which may vary depending on role and tenure, including paid time off, 401k, bonus eligibility, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Once approved, continue to have a side hustle if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
About us... GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us (https://aboutus.godaddy.net/about-us/overview/default.aspx.)
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at email@example.com.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.Job ID R015458