Data Center Tech Lead – Level 3Apply Apply Later Location Phoenix, Arizona
GoDaddy powers the world's largest cloud platform dedicated to small, independent ventures. With nearly 18 million customers worldwide and over 77 million domain names under management, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
A Level 3 Data Center Technician will coordinate and direct day to day operations for the Data Center. You are responsible for troubleshooting and solving the most complex infrastructure issues, while training Level 1 and 2 Data Center Technicians in the roles responsibilities.
As a member of leadership, you will insure that the day-to-day tasks of Data Center Operations have been appropriately prioritized to best meet Service Level Agreements with our business partners. With an in-depth understanding of all aspects of Data Center technology, you will manage and or direct Level 1 & 2 technicians in day to day task completion and resolution.
You understand all aspects of the equipment you support, and create and maintain documentation regarding it. You know how to innovate and make decisions on your own, identifying projects and delivering results with minimal direction.
You are able to manage queues and direct reports on the priority of work being performed while managing SLAs and OLAs. You are self directed and making independent decisions regarding the priority of work and the task performed to resolve issues.
- Perform advanced hardware/OS troubleshooting and maintenance for GoDaddy infrastructure, with focus on mission critical systems (storage, network, servers)
- Find creative ways to optimize capital and operating costs
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex issues
- Formulate, affect, interpret, and implement policies and procedures
- Expected to improve current processes, and introduce automation with aim towards simplification and efficiency increases
- Develop and maintain relationships with business partners and third-party vendors with a focus on quality and SLA compliance
- Management of direct reports
- Responsible for planning and executing major projects with little to no direction from leadership
- Queue management (SLA and OLA management)
- Project management
- Automation development (Hardware, software, OS)
- Systems administration (Linux and/or Windows Servers)
- Networking (DNS, DHCP)
- Programming / scripting (Java, Perl, Ruby, Python, and/or PHP)
- Intermediate / Advanced experience with the following IT hardware concepts:
- RAID, SAN/NAS, SAS/SATA, x86 Architecture
- System Administration (boot process, boot loader, file systems, directory structure)
- Network device and protocol configuration
- Performance Troubleshooting
- Base Operating System Installs
- Experience with Python, Bash, Java, Powershell, and automation scripting
- Core OS Services: SSH, Telnet, RDP, FTP, NFS, DNS, DHCP, LDAP
- Experience supporting large Enterprise customers in an operations environment
- Advanced experience running medium to large projects
- Experience directing or managing direct reports
- Must have demonstrated the ability to build and maintain business partner relationships
- Work a flexible shift and participate in an on-call rotation
- Travel between Data Center sites
- Ability to kneel, crawl, reach above shoulder height and lift 50 pounds repeatedly throughout shift on a daily basis
- Walk/move about the data center facility for up to 85% of shift time
- Advanced Linux, and Windows OS knowledge
- Advanced command line troubleshooting knowledge
- Advanced programing knowledge
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need assistance completing an application for a position with us, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at Recruiting@godaddy.com
To submit your application to this position, please click Apply . On the next screen, after you click Apply, click Create to establish your candidate account. If you have previously created a candidate account, please slick Sign-In and use that account to complete your application.