Critical Environments Controls EngineerPrimary Location: Phoenix, Arizona
At GoDaddy the future of work looks different for each team. Some teams work in the office full-time, others have a hybrid arrangement (they work remotely some days and in the office some days) and some work entirely remotely.
This is a hybrid position. You’ll divide your time between working remotely from your home and an office, so you should live within commuting distance. Hybrid teams may work in-office as much as a few times a week or as little as once a month or quarter, as decided by leadership. The hiring manager can share more about what hybrid work might look like for this team.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands.
Join our team...
The Critical Environments Controls Engineer primarily focuses on all Site BMS; monitoring, maintaining and innovating improvements for all Critical Environments. Primarily, we are searching for a person who fully understands the Automated Logic (ALC) Platform and has a strong background in Chiller Plant Systems controls and troubleshooting. This position includes associated in-field controls hands-on interaction for all controls for HVAC systems and equipment. Knowledge of power distribution controls a plus. Secondarily, the candidate will assist with departmental critical operations, as needed, at our primary data center location, specifically with HVAC operations and maintenance. Our Critical Environments department centers on KTLO, capacity growth, efficiency and site improvement needed to support Critical IT equipment and overall Go Daddy business.
What you'll get to do...
- Monitor and maintain all department BMS systems for all power and HVAC systems and equipment for our primary/owned data center equipment
- Review, manage, and operate all monitoring systems including BMS for critical power, HVAC, and fire panel computer
- Monitor and oversee vendors about BMS and associated controls work (Chillers, CRAC’s, CRAH’s, AHUs, FCUs, WSHPs, fire suppression, controls, and central plant overall)
- Able to perform troubleshooting of critical HVAC system controls and controllers, with an emphasis on controls in the central chiller plant
- Operate and maintain all critical environment controls located in server, MDF and IDF rooms, and other critical spaces
- Work with peers and teammates for our customers and their needs, GoDaddy employees (DC operations, DC Eng, GDS, networking, storage, business continuity, Security, and GOC.)
- On-call 24/7 as needed
- Primary shift will be during the day, M-F but required to work a flexible work schedule when needed (deployments, hot months, emergency call, off shift, vacation coverage.)
- Maintain records: ServiceNow, JIRA, PUE calcs, manuals
- Able to self-manage and make decisions within job responsibilities/scope in the Critical Environments industry and in a fast-paced environment
- Competent in performing analysis of trending using our BMS systems to provide reports covering power and HVAC systems/equipment performance, with the intention of showcasing normal use factors, expected kW growth, anomaly identification, and corrective measures recommendations.
- The ability to collaborate effectively with DCCE operational teammates and other departments to find solutions to challenges.
- Possess a strong desire to research the site and innovate efficiency improvements.
Your experience should include...
- Trade school and/or eight+ years of comparable field experience in Data Center BMS or commercial environment and in-field controls operations.
- 8+ years of experience in HVAC controls, including experience in data center environments or comparable environments.
- Automated Logic platform BMS expert experience is required for install, repairs, diagnostics, and programming.
- Andover platform BMS experience is a plus to install, repair and program.
- BMS server replacement, configurations, and cabling experience a plus.
- Knowledge of York centrifugal chillers, Liebert mechanical gear (CRACs, CRAHs), DX cooling, WHSPs, FCUs and deep understanding how a chiller plant functions in reference to the associated BMS.
- Expert knowledge of Data Center mechanical systems and facility operations.
- Expert BMS and controls troubleshooting, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
- Proficient in using a computer and experience with BMS systems, Microsoft programs, etc. (Strong background in Word, Excel, PPT, AutoCAD, Visio)
- Positive attitude, self-motivated, and eager to learn new DC concepts in controls, BMS, and other critical infrastructure.
- Physical Stamina and agility are enough to stand, walk, climb up and down ladders, and engage in similar physical activities as necessary to access all areas of facilities to operate, repair, and maintain.
You might also have...
- Site Scan platform experience a plus.
We've got your back... We offer a range of benefits that may include paid time off, retirement savings (e.g., 401k, pension schemes), incentive eligibility, equity grants, participation in an employee stock purchase plan, and other family-friendly benefits including parental leave. GoDaddy’s benefits vary based on individual role and location and can be reviewed in more detail during the interview process.
We also embrace our diverse culture and offer a range of Employee Resource Groups (Culture). Have a side hustle? No problem. We love entrepreneurs! Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
About us... GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing the help and tools to succeed online, making opportunity more inclusive for all. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights, and people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us.
At GoDaddy, we know diverse teams build better products—period. Our people and culture reflect and celebrate that sense of diversity and inclusion in ideas, experiences and perspectives. But we also know that’s not enough to build true equity and belonging in our communities. That’s why we prioritize integrating diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging principles into the core of how we work every day—focusing not only on our employee experience, but also our customer experience and operations. It’s the best way to serve our mission of empowering entrepreneurs everywhere, and making opportunity more inclusive for all. To read more about these commitments, as well as our representation and pay equity data, check out our Diversity and Pay Parity annual report which can be found on our Diversity Careers page.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements. Refer to our full EEO policy.
Our recruiting team is available to assist you in completing your application. If they could be helpful, please reach out to email@example.com.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.Job ID R019239
GoDaddy's compensation is local to where you are and may vary based on an individual's qualifications at the time of the offer. The anticipated annual base salary ranges for select locations are listed below:
- California Bay Area, Santa Clara, San Francisco: $132000.00 - $198000.00
- Seattle, New York City: $120000.00 - $180000.00
- Los Angeles, San Diego: $112000.00 - $168000.00
- California State, Washington State, Colorado State: $98500.00 - $147500.00