Senior Software Development Engineer (Frontend)Ontario, Canada | British Columbia, Canada
GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit www.GoDaddy.com.
Your manager is in Santa Clara, CA, but you’ll be working remotely from anywhere in Canada.
What you'll get to do...
Are you interested in joining a world class organization where your day-to-day involves working with groundbreaking technologies such as React, Node.js, Next.js, Kubernetes, and AWS? Then come work with us at GoDaddy and have an amazing engineering community at your fingertips to learn from and contribute to.
The Domains Aftermarket is an exciting and fast-growing space within GoDaddy, and we're building exciting new features and experiences applying machine learning models and data science. You'll be joining Domains, Registrars, and Investors (DRI)--a core business unit within GoDaddy--at the early stages of building out a new platform and tools for our customers. You will get the opportunity to be part of building a relatively new market and impacting the bottom line in a significant way.
Who we are looking for...
- A highly motivated, self-driven engineer
- Someone with a positive, can-do attitude
- Someone who cares about maintainability of the code and optimizing for performance + scalability
You will be...
- Accountable for code quality and writing unit & integration tests
- Working collaboratively with a distributed team
- Perform code reviews to suggest, encourage, and support coding best practices
Your experience should include...
- Very strong object-oriented programming and design fundamentals
- 4+ years Professional Single Page Web Application development experience in related technologies
- 2+ years Experience developing in React JS
- Experience with Git
- Experience building software using Agile concepts and processes
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
You might also have...
- Experience with Amazon AWS and building inside the AWS platform
- Experience working with containerized solutions
- Strong understanding of software security best practices
- Passion for quality, user experience, and cutting edge web technologies
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, disability, pregnancy, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable country or local laws.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at email@example.com.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.Job ID R010617