Senior Software Development Engineer (DNS)Primary Location: Ontario, Canada - Remote Additional location(s): Alberta, Canada; British Columbia, Canada; Manitoba, Canada; New Brunswick, Canada; Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada; Northwest Territories, Canada; Nova Scotia, Canada; Nunavut, Canada; Prince Edward Island, Canada; Quebec, Canada; Saskatchewan Landing, Canada; Yukon, Canada
You'll be working remotely anywhere in the US or Canada.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Colorado, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands.
What you'll get to do...
Our Domain Registrars and Investors team is looking for a software engineer to join us in building and improving the domain name experience at GoDaddy. As a software development engineer, you will work in a small scrum team responsible for high-scale DNS services. We value strong software engineers with experience in micro services, distributed systems, and a dedicated customer focus. Our software engineers own their product and platform end-to-end, especially their design and code quality. They are responsible for thinking beyond unit tests to integration and functional tests as well as automation efforts. This is a DNS development role as part of a larger devops team, but we are flexible about the technologies with which you have the most experience. Come shine within a small, high-impact team of dedicated engineers as we build and iterate upon the world's largest domain name registrar services and largest secondary marketplace.
- Building and maintain DNS services
- Writing highly scalable, highly available, production-ready applications
- Using data and analytics to improve the product and customer experience
- Solving end-to-end problems across the service stack
- Accountable for code quality, including writing unit and integration tests
- Working collaborativelywith a distributed team
- Performing code reviews to suggest, encourage, and support coding best practices
Your experience should include...
- BS/MS or equivalent experience in a computer science, engineering or related discipline
- 5 years of industry experience in a software engineering role and building large scale distributed applications
- Strong understanding of C, especially socket programming in Linux OS
- Strong foundation in data structures, algorithms, software designs, and micro services
- Understanding of standard internet technologies (DNS, SNMP, DHCP, etc)
- Experience using relational databases and SQL
- Experience building CI/CD and server/deployment automation solutions
- Experience building software usingAgile concepts and processes
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, where you work interactively in a small team
You might also have...
- Strong understanding of software security best practices
- Experience with network routing, BGP Anycast and with TLS development
- Passion to develop elegant and cutting-edge solutions for real-world business problems
GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us (https://aboutus.godaddy.net/about-us/overview/default.aspx.)
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, disability, pregnancy, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable country or local laws.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at email@example.com.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.Job ID R012233