Principal Site Reliability EngineerPrimary Location: Ontario
At GoDaddy the future of work looks different for each team. Some teams work in the office full-time; others have a hybrid arrangement (they work remotely some days and in the office some days) and some work entirely remotely.
This is a remote position, so you’ll be working remotely from your home. You may occasionally visit a GoDaddy office to meet with your team for events or meetings.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands.
Join our team
GoDaddy is seeking a Senior Site Reliability Engineer to join our team and play a crucial role in building and maintaining our cutting-edge eCommerce platform. As a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE), you will collaborate with global development teams to ensure the smooth deployment and ongoing maintenance of our platform.
What you'll get to do...
- Improve day-to-day operational standards
- Create a robust CI/CD pipeline for fully automated application and platform deployment
- Take ownership of, manage, and enhance our release process, focusing on scalability, efficiency, and quality
- Implement new infrastructure components and deploy them in a distributed environment
- Provide support for regular production updates and hotfixes across multiple products, including Poynt terminals and cloud services
- Collaborate directly with engineering, product, and business teams to coordinate release schedules and ensure timely delivery
- Mentor and guide junior team members
- Participate in an on-call rotation to ensure system reliability
Your experience should include...
- 5+ years of experience with Kubernetes (EKS/AKS/GKE/Fargate, etc.)
- 5+ years of hands-on experience working with AWS, both in cloud-native and agnostic capacities
- 5+ years of expertise in Linux administration
- 5+ years of strong coding skills in languages such as Go, Python, etc.
- 5+ years of experience in coding infrastructure as code (Pulumi, Terraform, Ansible, CDK, etc.)
- A solid understanding of CI/CD concepts, version control systems, and testing (experience with Jenkins, Gradle, Maven, etc.)
- Hands-on experience with SQL systems, primarily MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Demonstrable experience building and working with distributed infrastructure and systems
- A solid understanding of networking principles
- A strong dedication to cybersecurity best practices
We've got your back... We offer a range of benefits that may include paid time off, retirement savings (e.g., 401k, pension schemes), incentive eligibility, equity grants, participation in an employee stock purchase plan, and other family-friendly benefits including parental leave. GoDaddy’s benefits vary based on individual role and location and can be reviewed in more detail during the interview process.
We also embrace our diverse culture and offer a range of Employee Resource Groups (Culture). Have a side hustle? No problem. We love entrepreneurs! Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
About us... GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing the help and tools to succeed online, making opportunity more inclusive for all. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights, and people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us.
At GoDaddy, we know diverse teams build better products—period. Our people and culture reflect and celebrate that sense of diversity and inclusion in ideas, experiences and perspectives. But we also know that’s not enough to build true equity and belonging in our communities. That’s why we prioritize integrating diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging principles into the core of how we work every day—focusing not only on our employee experience, but also our customer experience and operations. It’s the best way to serve our mission of empowering entrepreneurs everywhere, and making opportunity more inclusive for all. To read more about these commitments, as well as our representation and pay equity data, check out our Diversity and Pay Parity annual report which can be found on our Diversity Careers page.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements. Refer to our full EEO policy.
Our recruiting team is available to assist you in completing your application. If they could be helpful, please reach out to email@example.com.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.
Job ID R018938