Senior Client Success ManagerPrimary Location: Nova Scotia Additional location(s): Alberta; British Columbia; Nova Scotia; Ontario; Quebec; Saskatchewan; Remote - United States
At GoDaddy the future of work looks different for each team. Some teams work in the office full-events or offsites. Your hiring manager can share more about this role’s hybrid or remote time, others have a hybrid arrangement (they work remotely some days and in the office some days) and some work entirely remotely.
This is a remote position, so you’ll be working remotely from your home. You may occasionally visit a GoDaddy office to meet with your team for events or offsite. This role can be in the United States or Canada.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands.
Join our team
GoDaddy Corporate Domains (GCD) is looking to hire an experienced, dedicated Senior Client Success Manager with strong project management and relationship-building skills. The successful candidate will support GCD clients to ensure a successful experience beginning with the onboarding process all the way through the entirety of the relationship. The candidate will be involved in delivering initial proposals, onboarding new clients, crafting, and performing project plans, and ensuring the client experience is as positive as possible through all facets of interaction with GCD.
We are looking for an individual with strong communication skills that has an interest in being part of a growing company focused on working with some of the most well-known companies in the world to manage their digital assets. It is of critical importance that you’re committed to working internally and externally so that GCD clients are the most delighted and loyal in the industry.
Will work directly with our Head of Client Success as well as other members of the GCD team. The position will require on-site client visits as needed.
What you'll get to do...
- Serve as the main point of contact for all client interactions with GCD.
- Build positive relationships with assigned clients to ensure a successful experience with GCD products and services.
- Assist with new client acquisition by contributing to proposals, taking part in presentations, and speaking to the long-term management of clients.
- Prepare, and manage, project plans to guide the onboarding process for new GCD clients.
- Provide regular status reports and communicate the progress of client projects both internally and externally.
- Conduct product training for clients as needed.
- Liaise with technical staff as needed to report and resolve any reported client technical issues.
- Be able to take complex information and communicate it to clients in a manner that is straightforward and easily digestible.
Your experience should include...
- 6+ years in an account management or client services role, preferably in a software as a service company.
- 3+ years of proven experience in the domain name industry, preferably in the corporate market.
- Flexibility to work EST hours
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with experience presenting to, and interacting with senior-level corporate individuals.
- Ability to work to a high degree of accuracy and great attention to detail.
- Intermediate, or higher, level skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Physical and Mental Demands: These physical and mental demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Sitting or standing at a desk for up to four hours at a time
- Use of a computer for 85% or more of each shift or workday
- Regular, predictable, full-time attendance
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of this role. GoDaddy may add to or change the duties, responsibilities, and demands listed above at any time, with or without notice.
We've got your back... We offer a range of benefits that may include paid time off, retirement savings (e.g., 401k, pension schemes), incentive eligibility, equity grants, participation in an employee stock purchase plan, and other family-friendly benefits including parental leave. GoDaddy’s benefits vary based on individual role and location and can be reviewed in more detail during the interview process.
We also embrace our diverse culture and offer a range of Employee Resource Groups (Culture). Have a side hustle? No problem. We love entrepreneurs! Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
About us... GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing the help and tools to succeed online, making opportunity more inclusive for all. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights, and people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us.
At GoDaddy, we know diverse teams build better products—period. Our people and culture reflect and celebrate that sense of diversity and inclusion in ideas, experiences and perspectives. But we also know that’s not enough to build true equity and belonging in our communities. That’s why we prioritize integrating diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging principles into the core of how we work every day—focusing not only on our employee experience, but also our customer experience and operations. It’s the best way to serve our mission of empowering entrepreneurs everywhere, and making opportunity more inclusive for all. To read more about these commitments, as well as our representation and pay equity data, check out our Diversity and Pay Parity annual report which can be found on our Diversity Careers page.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements. Refer to our full EEO policy here (https://www.godaddy.com/legal/agreements/equal-opportunity-employment-statement).
Our recruiting team is available to assist you in completing your application. If they could be helpful, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.Job ID R018557
GoDaddy's compensation is local to where you are and may vary based on an individual's qualifications at the time of the offer. The anticipated annual base salary ranges for select locations are listed below:
- California Bay Area, Santa Clara, San Francisco: $108000.00 - $162000.00
- Seattle, New York City: $108000.00 - $162000.00
- Los Angeles, San Diego: $92000.00 - $138000.00
- California State, Washington State, Colorado State: $84000.00 - $126000.00