Senior iOS EngineerPrimary Location: Santa Clara, California - Remote Additional location(s): Austin, Texas; Carlsbad, California; Kirkland, Washington; Los Angeles, California; Ontario, Canada; Quebec, Canada; Seattle, Washington; Tempe, Arizona
Join our team...
Our Mission at GoDaddy is to enable small business owners to sell everywhere and grow their business via easy-to-use mobile tools. We believe that creativity is the magical act of making change happen and with the right tools and it turns any obstacle course into a playground. We work fearlessly to build innovative solutions, platforms and business applications tailored to the unique needs of the small business owner. Using a collaborative, Agile, small teams approach we make cutting edge technologies simple and effective. Our users are ambitious, driven, and highly creative go-getters, entrepreneurs, and dreamers, and we make it our mission to ensure they’re equipped with the tools and knowledge to make their mark on the world – whatever that may be.
We make it all happen via these beautiful mobile apps powered by robust backend services: We make it all happen via these beautiful mobile apps powered by robust backend services:
- GoDaddy Studio (Formerly Over Graphic Design App) - iOS, Android: Our Award-winning graphic design app. It is one of Apple’s 2019 apps of the year in the ‘Storytelling Simplified’ category and regularly featured across Google Play globally.
- GoDaddy App – iOS, Android: Build a website, buy a domain, manage inventory and sell everywhere.
- SmartLine – iOS, Android: Get a second phone number for your business calls & texts.
- GoDaddy Conversations – iOS, Android(Coming soon…): Single place to communicate with your customers on multiple channels (Website communication, Facebook & Instagram messengers, SMS, Voice, etc.)
We are looking for a strong software engineer with a mobile application focus to be a part of the journey. The right individual will be self-driven, positive, and able to amplify the talents of others.
Location: This role can be performed in Canada, or anywhere in the United States that isn't specifically called out below as ineligible. Remote is ok.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Colorado, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands.
What you'll get to do
- Propel your career while making a positive impact on the entrepreneurs’ lives by delivering compelling user experiences via our mobile applications.
- Be a missionary (and not a mercenary) by participating in planning, architectural decisions, implementation and maintenance of a mobile applications.
- Get an opportunity to apply and improve Agile approaches to software development
- Grow your impact by helping and advising in the selection of the most appropriate frameworks to use with the product
- Work with developers that value quality and value writing unit, integration, and automation test
- Share and learn as you perform code reviews to suggest, encourage, and support coding best practices.
Your experience should include
- 5+ years of experience developing production apps using Swift
- Knowledge and experience working with various mobile architectures and techniques such as MVVM, DI, etc.
- Deep understanding of design patterns and how they can be applied to mobile development
- Knowledge in writing automated tests using mocked data
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience building software using Agile concepts and processes
You might also have
- Experience building interface components and experiences using Swift UI and understanding its limitations
- Experience Reactive Programming using Combine and/or RxSwift
- Graphics related experience — working with CoreGraphics, CoreImage, Metal, etc.
- Experience working with BLE / Bluetooth peripherals within a mobile application
- Experience using Robot Testing Pattern
We've got your back... Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
About us... GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us (https://aboutus.godaddy.net/about-us/overview/default.aspx.)
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at email@example.com.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.Job ID R013236