Sr. Director EngineeringPrimary Location: New Delhi, India
What you'll get to do...
Data is the most valuable asset in GoDaddy, and the Data & Analytics organization (DNA) is in the center for building an enriched and valuable ecosystem of data platform, data services & strategic technologies like data mining, machine learning, AI & experimentation that drives innovation for our partners and clients, serving as integral platforms for generating revenue and competitive advantages, within GoDaddy and globally.
We are a team dedicated to developing sophisticated technology, systems & services to make data secure, high quality, rich, fast, and easy to use, enabling GoDaddy the ability to use its data assets to build competitive differentiators and maximize business value!!
- GoDaddy’s is building a new Development Center in New Delhi, to support our aggressive plans in India and our growing worldwide footprint. This is one of the first few senior leadership roles to start the India Dev Center
- You will join the team at its inflection point and thus will have the chance to create a disproportionate impact on the business’s bottom line and help craft it for years to come
- In this role, you will build & grow a brand-new world-class team of software and data engineers to build data related techniques, platforms, systems, and services for the data platform, AI, ML & experimentation ecosystem at GD
- You own developing strategies, roadmaps for the overall development life cycle of the group. Provide resource plans, budget tracking and forecasting. Manage the team to achieve target scope, schedule and cost objectives. Own processes that allow the teams to collaborate with local and global teams with high degree of efficiency
- Drive engineering & operational excellence including automation, quality, efficiency, and productivity. Provide technical mentorship to the team including architecture, design, and code reviews
Your experience should include...
- 10+ years of demonstrated experience working as a manager of managers, successfully building and shipping customer and/or developer facing products & services at internet scale
- Strong leadership on both technology & people side with rich experience in large scale data platform, data as a service and building enterprise data strategy & governance
- Technical background in data with deep understanding of issues in multiple areas such as data management, data analysis, query processing, distributed processing, high availability, statistics, data mining, machine learning and operational excellence of production systems
- Personal characteristics include a natural intellectual curiosity. You thrive in fast-paced environments, accompanied by agile engineering practices. Delivering business value without compromising quality is in your DNA
- Ability to think strategically, see patterns and relationships in information and events, anticipate trends and possibilities that may lead to new business opportunities and effectively respond with bias for action will be a success factor
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills. A demonstrated ability to effectively communicate technical and business issues and solutions to multiple organisational levels internally and externally
You might also have...
- Master’s degree in a STEM field or equivalent practical experience
About us... GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us (https://aboutus.godaddy.net/about-us/overview/default.aspx.)
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, disability, pregnancy, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable country or local laws.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.Job ID R014028