GoDaddy engineers are shifting the global economy to support small businesses worldwide to create beautiful online experiences for their customers that help them grow and manage their business. We work fearlessly to build innovative solutions, platforms and business applications tailored to the unique needs of the small business owner. Using a collaborative, agile, small team approach we make cutting edge technologies simple and effective. Our team of technologists do the heavy lifting, so our customers can focus on making their dreams come true.
What makes a successful Senior Software Engineer employee at GoDaddy?
Check out the traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Tech Savvy
GoDaddy powers the world's largest cloud platform dedicated to small, independent ventures. With 20 million customers worldwide, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to empower entrepreneurs everywhere, making opportunity more inclusive for all. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
We’ve adapted our hiring process in response to COVID-19. To learn more about what GoDaddy is doing differently click here.
The Senior Software Engineer will apply expert-level CI/CD knowledge of computer science principles and web development best practices to innovate and improve the platform. Automate processes and make data-driven decisions. Strive to enable our business partners and end-customers to connect in new ways to help them succeed.
- Architect and build services and systems at scale
- Work closely with Product and other Engineering teams in executing towards common goals.
- Perform code reviews and participate in suggesting and supporting coding methodologies.
- Mentoring junior members of the team
- Participate in DevOps, release and on-call activities in support of the platform
- Engage with engineers and partners across Media Temple to solve problems with a group-wide and company-wide impact.
- Excellent ability to solve problems across domains, skills, and technologies
Additional Job Description
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Math, or equivalent degree or experience
- 5-8+ years of relevant full-time software engineering experience
- Knowledge of backend systems such as Apache, NGINX and NodeJS
- Knowledge of Perl and Python
- Experience with MySQL is a plus
- Experience with visualization and monitoring tools
- Strong knowledge of CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Pipelines)
- Strong knowledge of configuration management (puppet, ansible)
- Familiarity with Agile (Scrum) software development, Git/GitHub, and related tools
- Passion for continuous learning both in and out of the office
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required to be able to convey technical issues and details to non-technical users
- Ability to distill meaning from requests received from non-technical/non-domain-expert users in order to determine actual needs vs stated wants
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need assistance completing an application for a position with us, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at email@example.com
Please note that GODADDY does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.
To submit your application to this position, please click Apply . On the next screen, after you click Apply, click Create to establish your candidate account. If you have previously created a candidate account, please slick Sign-In and use that account to complete your application.
GoDaddy helps keep employees fit and healthy with generous health benefits. From the best medical, vision, dental, and disability to on-site health and wellness assessments and employee assistance plans.
GoDaddy is a strong believer in the value of higher education. The Education Reimbursement Program encourages our employees to pursue further education and advancement at the company.
GoDaddy offers programs to help advance the careers of our employees. Programs include instruction led by our trainers, as well as opportunities for Tuition Reimbursement.
GoDaddy encourages employees to take time away from work to Live Passionately. GoDaddy goes above and beyond to provide opportunities to enjoy time away from work and we provide generous time away to rest & recharge.
We know that maintaining a work/life balance is the key to success. At GoDaddy, we provide many perks and amenities to help facilitate this balance.
GoDaddy looks closely at the retirement provisions and provides a competitive 401k employer match program. Our retirement plans are designed to fund a comfortable retirement for our employees.
The amazing thing about GoDaddy wasn't that we were able to define a company standard and have that standard meet or exceed our goals in defining it. The amazing thing was how open the teams were to joining forces to investigate, decide, evangelize and engage on a change like this.
Chris Evans, VP of Engineering
I haven't met a developer yet who doesn't want to change the world for the better with their work.
Blake Irving, GoDaddy Board Director & Former CEO
The product team combines data and customer insight to deliver impactful experiences around the world. Working here is an opportunity to make a difference globally by helping individuals make a living and bring their ideas from inception to reality.
Steven Aldrich, Chief Product Officer