VP of Product Management – PartnersPrimary Location: Kirkland, Washington - Remote Additional location(s): British Columbia, Canada; London, United Kingdom
Location: Kirkland, WA; Tempe, AZ; British Columbia, Canada; Remote, UK
This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Colorado, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands.
What you'll get to do...
This is a company-critical leadership role where you lead Product Management for our Partners division, focused on delivering the products, experiences, and programs that will win hearts and minds of casual and professional web designers and developers. To succeed, you will use customer insights, market data, and competitive information to form a view of how the needs of this segment are evolving and steer our product investments to deliver best in class solutions for today and tomorrow. We believe in the scientific method to help drive our learning and innovation, leveraging test and learn methods that yield data driven decisions. In addition, you will partner with stakeholders across the company to drive outcomes that align with our strategic objectives and goals. In summary, you will:
- Lead the company-wide initiative to become the market leader in WordPress
- Lead our hosting business and steer it’s evolution in the context of today’s rapidly evolving technical landscape
- Develop our Pro program and efforts to help our customers growth their businesses
- Partner with other parts of GoDaddy to drive a flywheel between small businesses and the Pros who serve them
- Identify opportunities for new areas of growth and investment for these customers
- Develop, coach, and mentor a team of product leaders, product managers, channel managers, business operation and strategy managers
- Partner with Product Marketing, Finance, Customer Care, executive management, and other product leaders to create a shared vision
Your experience should include...
- 10+ years experience in Product Development, including 5+ years leading Product Management teams, working with SaaS applications/Internet/software products
- Demonstrated understanding of core product management, product development, and marketing processes/methodologies such as market needs analysis, competitive analysis, product planning, marketing programs, sales programs, branding, pricing, etc.
- Intuitively translates big picture goals to micro use cases and has a strong focus on solving core problems to deliver simple solutions
- Strong track record of technical product delivery with measurable results.
- Demonstrated experience as a “builder” within an Agile environment
- 3+ years experience managing a business unit P&L that involves sales, marketing and personnel related revenue and costs
- Demonstrated experience as a “whole business” thinker, including being involved in decisions trading off top and bottom line and thinking through acquisition to retention
- Fluency in SaaS economics, connecting financial outcomes with SaaS metrics. Demonstrated experience working at the intersection of Growth, Marketing, and Product Management
- Customer-centric orientation with excellent ability to develop insights from broad range of data and observations and translate them into meaningful product experiences
- Proven experience as a data-inspired leader, including leveraging data science and ML to more deeply understand and drive progress against goals.
- Demonstrated experience in using data driven hypothesis-based validation method for experimentation and decision making of roadmaps and strategies
- Proven experience leading or driving a significant company initiative that required shared buy-in and execution across a large set of teams
- Excellent team leadership, prioritization, communication and collaboration skills, with a high level of attention to detail, and ability to work closely with executives, engineering, design, business planning, marketing, and customer service
- Self-starter and results-oriented, able to work under minimal guidance
- Ability to work in a complex, diverse, and fast paced environment. Focus on key business goals and executing on plans with constrained resources
- Bachelor’s degree in technical field desired; MBA preferred
The following characteristics define a candidate that will succeed in the culture and in this position:
- Experimentation approach and data driven: make progress through iterations
- Problem Solver: Continually resolve issues through active problem solving and striving to answer questions before they are asked.
- Strategic orientation
- Results orientation
- Business acumen, competence in running a P&L
- Collaboration and influencing
- Ownership: Accountability for products we build and the way you manage the business
- Self-Starting: A self-motivated individual who can take limited direction and produce tangible results. A resourceful individual who pro-actively thinks outside of the box.
- Curiosity: Has a naturally curious mind, loves to explore and nurture intellect; observes and identifies patterns in data that can identify actionable insights.
- Organizational Skills: The ability to bring disparate stakeholders together to resolve issues, drive consensus and prioritize workload.
- Communication: Excellent communication skills; an active listener and concise presenter.
- Judgment: Makes sound decisions in a timely manner based on the appropriate balance of data and instinct. Knows how to ask the right questions (at the right time) necessary to uncover key information that can unlock relevant action.
- Team Oriented: Works well in collaborative team environments and matrix reporting structures.
We've got your back... Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
About us... GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us (https://aboutus.godaddy.net/about-us/overview/default.aspx.)
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at email@example.com.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.Job ID R014329