GoDaddy engineers are shifting the global economy to support small businesses worldwide to create beautiful online experiences for their customers that help them grow and manage their business. We work fearlessly to build innovative solutions, platforms and business applications tailored to the unique needs of the small business owner. Using a collaborative, agile, small team approach we make cutting edge technologies simple and effective. Our team of technologists do the heavy lifting, so our customers can focus on making their dreams come true.
What makes a successful Vice President of Engineering - Productivity employee at GoDaddy?
Check out the traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Tech Savvy
GoDaddy powers the world's largest cloud platform dedicated to small, independent ventures. With nearly 18 million customers worldwide and over 77 million domain names under management, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
Are you an experienced technology leader who enjoys taking Engineering teams to the next level? Do you enjoy the challenges of recruiting and developing great engineers, building platforms to accelerate product development and experimentation, and bringing complex and challenging technical projects to fruition?
With more than 17.5 million customers worldwide and over 76 million domain names under management, GoDaddy (NYSE: GDDY) is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success.
GoDaddy’s Productivity team helps small businesses around the world save time and get back to what matters with robust and reliable services that allow them to seamlessly and professionally communicate, collaborate and run their business. The starting point is to persuade many more businesses to leverage their domain for personalized and professional email, missing opportunities to build trust with every communication. Over time, we intend to solve additional needs and workflows for our customers by leveraging email as a platform part of a comprehensive solution.
We're looking for a passionate hands-on VP of Engineering to lead our engineering teams. You should have experience leading multisite and multi product engineering teams. You will work with the product management team to deliver products and platforms which accelerate delivery while fostering an environment which allows for a test and learn culture. You join forces with a wide set of organizations including senior engineering leadership in the company, product management, marketing, site reliability engineering, and data center to align and deliver on company goals. This position reports to the SVP & GM for the Productivity business.
- Lead and grow multiple engineering teams with a charter of developing and executing on the Productivity platform and product strategy.
- Build platform APIs and tools that the entire company can consume
- Work with the latest open source technologies to build systems at scale
- Lead architectural discussions within the organization and across the company
- GoDaddy has embraced the cloud. Participate in the cloud migration strategy
- Manage and grow a multisite, multi-product engineering organization driving toward org efficiencies
- Actively participate in recruiting and development of technical staff for GoDaddy
- Computer Science bachelor's degree (masters preferred), relevant technical degree or equivalent experience
- Strong understanding of modern platform architectures and emerging technologies
- Experience working in public clouds such as AWS/GCP, and building applications that operate in multiple availability zones and regions
- Experience with managing a complex portfolio of products and ability to optimize resource allocation based on platform strategy, product goals and business goals.
- Experience building, scaling, managing platforms and APIs
- Experience in driving distributed systems projects
- Experience transitioning teams to embrace DevOps
- Experience evolving monolithic systems into modern microservice architectures
- Communication, leadership, team building, and people management skills that your employees appreciate and competitors envy
- Leadership that combines persuasiveness, decisiveness, and competitiveness necessary to motivate a team
- 15+ years professional software engineering experience
- 8+ years of people management experience
- Travel required
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need assistance completing an application for a position with us, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at Recruiting@godaddy.com
To submit your application to this position, please click Apply . On the next screen, after you click Apply, click Create to establish your candidate account. If you have previously created a candidate account, please slick Sign-In and use that account to complete your application.
GoDaddy helps keep employees fit and healthy with generous health benefits. From the best medical, vision, dental, and disability to on-site health and wellness assessments and employee assistance plans.
GoDaddy is a strong believer in the value of higher education. The Education Reimbursement Program encourages our employees to pursue further education and advancement at the company.
GoDaddy offers programs to help advance the careers of our employees. Programs include instruction led by our trainers, as well as opportunities for Tuition Reimbursement.
GoDaddy encourages employees to take time away from work to Live Passionately. GoDaddy goes above and beyond to provide opportunities to enjoy time away from work and we provide generous time away to rest & recharge.
We know that maintaining a work/life balance is the key to success. At GoDaddy, we provide many perks and amenities to help facilitate this balance.
GoDaddy looks closely at the retirement provisions and provides a competitive 401k employer match program. Our retirement plans are designed to fund a comfortable retirement for our employees.
The amazing thing about GoDaddy wasn't that we were able to define a company standard and have that standard meet or exceed our goals in defining it. The amazing thing was how open the teams were to joining forces to investigate, decide, evangelize and engage on a change like this.
Chris Evans, VP of Engineering
I haven't met a developer yet who doesn't want to change the world for the better with their work.
Blake Irving, GoDaddy Board Director & Former CEO
The product team combines data and customer insight to deliver impactful experiences around the world. Working here is an opportunity to make a difference globally by helping individuals make a living and bring their ideas from inception to reality.
Steven Aldrich, Chief Product Officer
- Work at GoDaddy: View available locations for this position
- Explore Our City: Work at GoDaddy: