Sr. Brand Account ManagerPrimary Location: Kirkland, Washington Additional location(s): Austin, Texas; Los Angeles, California; New York, New York; Phoenix, Arizona; Scottsdale, Arizona
Location: Kirkland, WA or Remote, US
This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Colorado, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands.
GoDaddy believes each team member makes a significant contribution to our success. That contribution
should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities outlined in a job description. Therefore, this job
description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications, and job scope, but not limit the
employee or the organization to just the work identified. It is our expectation each team member will
offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors and to
pursue individual career growth.
What you'll get to do...
As a Sr Brand Account Manager with the internal creative and brand team, you work closely with our
marketing teams and creative, strategy, creative operations and production departments to lead the
annual planning process, strategy and development of fully integrated campaigns and measuring
success of the business.
Additionally, the Sr Brand Account Manager will be responsible for leading and mentoring a team of
Account Managers. Working closely with them on a day-to-day basis, effectively distributing projects to
allow for growth and avoid burnout, and providing guidance to help them achieve the next step in their
career. The Sr. Brand Account Manager will provide connectivey across the US Brand Account and the
Success for this position is illustrated by the Sr Brand Account Manager’s ability to lead, drive and grow
the business. Developing strong relationships with our marketing and creative teams, managing difficult
situations while keeping the best interest of the work at heart, and by being a strong contributing
member of the creative planning and management team.
An ideal candidate will have a strong strategic and integrated production background, will confidently
lead the strategic development of campaigns across all media from the initial analysis of the business
challenge/need to crafting creative and project briefs through to producing and trafficking of creative
assets. They should have a minimum of 7-10+ years in a creative agency environment with a variety of
well-known brands and bring with them a strong understanding of advertising and marketing strategies,
trends and best practices.
- Possesses the ability to create and sell advanced strategic concepts, drive initiatives, and write
strong, insightful brand/project briefs based on sound rationale and previous experience Influences the development of the highest quality creative work by sharing knowledge of the client/business/brand/competition and demonstrating strong creative judgement.
- Develops a thoughtful and trustworthy relationship with marketing and creative leadership, and maintains day-to-day contact; at the ready when challenges arise and provides swift resolution.
- Ability to lead meetings with CMO, VPs, and marketing leadership to speak to and support strategic concepts, creative initiatives, IMCs, etc.
- Demonstrates micro and macro knowledge of GoDaddy and the nuances of the business by continuous research of the brand, its categories and competitors and the industry as a whole.
- Leads the business through the development of strategic annual brand marketing plans, partnering with marketing and strategy lead to facilitate the annual planning process and development of the overarching strategy for IMCs.
- Develops and cultivates strong relationships across all agency partners, internal channel and operations teams to ensure business goals and marketing strategies are aligned and flawlessly executed against.
- Continually looks for ways to grow the business and add value.
- Helps to devise short-term and long-term brand and advertising strategies that drive business momentum and deliver against (exceed) market KPIs.
- Manages the communication between the Brand Team, maketing leader, channel leads, etc. to ensure strategy and creative are implemented across the board.
- Adhere to strong brand, budget, resource, and business goal controls to ensure marketing work is aligned with business goals and brand strategy.
- Maintains constant communication with Director of Creative Planning and Management on account status.
- Thorough oversight and direction of the day-to-day running of the business.
- A motivational leader with the ability to unite and inspire the teams to deliver award-winning results driven work with velocity and accuracy.
Your experience should include...
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or Journalism, MBA preferred.
- 7-10+ years account or brand management experience in a creative advertising agency
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines in a fast-paced creative environment
- Ability to effectively and appropriately interact with co-workers at a variety of levels, across many disciplines
- Effective negotiation and problem-solving skills required; ability to confidently have tough conversations with senior level team members
- Deep understanding of the production process (across all media), timelines, and demonstrated capability to produce multiple, overlapping projects
- Strong financial understanding of budgeting and estimating
- A demonstrated track record of gaining trust and respect by consistently demonstrating sound critical thinking skills and maintaining composure in stressful situations
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of employees / clients
- Highly organized with a keen sense of attention to detail. Abililty to big picture plan as well as get into the weeds to help drive.
- Exceptional initiative and follow-through skills – can anticipate, react and manage marketing expectations and needs
- After hours work and overnight traveling to planning sessions, marketing check-ins andshoots/post sessions required
- Experience with international marketing, media and agency management is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about complex issues, leading to thoughtful recommendations, action plans, and campaigns.
- Ability to prioritize varying demands, set deadlines, and multi-task as needed.
- Self-motivated. Able to work independently with minimal supervision
We've got your back... Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
About us... GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us (https://aboutus.godaddy.net/about-us/overview/default.aspx.)
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.Job ID R012711