Software Development Engineer IIIPrimary Location: Kirkland, Washington Additional location(s): Tempe, Arizona; United States - Remote
At GoDaddy the future of work looks different for each team. Some teams work in the office full-time; others have a hybrid arrangement (they work remotely some days and in the office some days) and some work entirely remotely.
This position may be a hybrid or fully remote position, as decided by your manager. If designated as hybrid, you’ll divide your time between working remotely from your home and an office location, so you should live within commuting distance. If designated as remote, you’ll be working remotely from your home and may occasionally visit a GoDaddy office to meet with your team for events or offsites. Your hiring manager can share more about this role’s hybrid or remote designation.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands.
What you'll get to do...
We are looking for a strong, driven, and passionate software development engineer to help develop our test, monitoring and alerting infrastructure and components to support the company's mission of Quality first. This includes developing automation to ensure high quality End-To-End customer experiences and validating data at scale. This role will work with development teams across the company, where you will be responsible for implementing test frameworks and coordinating test activities for companywide initiatives. Our team works directly with business leaders to create specifications and architect highly scalable and available solutions. As an SDE on this team, you will work mostly in .NET and Python, for both back-end and front-end automation for a variety of applications and APIs. As a small, high-impact Agile team that supports the development teams working on building and maintaining our Marketing Technology platform, we are looking for someone who is self-motivated and can execute in a fast-paced environment.
- Create, update, and execute automated tests; analyze failure/success of automated tests and makes modifications as required
- Perform system integration, functional, regression, and user interface testing on features and applications prior to production releases
- Work collaboratively across multiple teams
- Create, modify, and validate test cases and defects
- Familiarity with Elastic and/or Database querying.
- Familiarity with AWS and Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Participate in agile concepts such as daily stand-up meetings, design and code reviews, code pairing, automated testing, and continuous integration and deployment
- Perform maintenance and support for Jenkins and GitHub environments
Your experience should include...
- Experience with APIs and testing APIs
- Experience with Visual Studio, IntelliJ or JMeter
- Experience with SQL
- 4+ years of experience coding relevant to the industry
- Effective system design and problem-solving skills
- Good understanding of writing automation that tests for functionality and performance
- Good understanding of Jenkins and GitHub environments
- Good understanding of testing applications and APIs in AWS
- Good understanding of building automation that tests for functionality and performance
- Good understanding of build pipelines and finding ways to optimize to improve the time to deploy experience through CI/CD
- Good understanding with Agile software development methodology
- Familiarity with SQL or DB querying is a plus
You might also have...
- Familiarity with Elastic stack is a plus
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving and communication skills, with a strong customer focus
- Ability to work independently with little direction, exercising creative ways to get issues resolved while embodying GoDaddy values of Joining Forces, Working Fearlessly and Owning Outcomes
We've got your back... Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
About us... GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us (https://aboutus.godaddy.net/about-us/overview/default.aspx.)
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at email@example.com.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.Job ID R015352
GoDaddy's compensation is local to where you are and may vary based on an individual's qualifications at the time of the offer. The anticipated annual base salary ranges for select locations are listed below:
- New York City - $112000.00 to $140000.00
- Colorado - $96000.00 to $120000.00