GoDaddy engineers are shifting the global economy to support small businesses worldwide to create beautiful online experiences for their customers that help them grow and manage their business. We work fearlessly to build innovative solutions, platforms and business applications tailored to the unique needs of the small business owner. Using a collaborative, agile, small team approach we make cutting edge technologies simple and effective. Our team of technologists do the heavy lifting, so our customers can focus on making their dreams come true.
What makes a successful Software Design Engineer – MySQL Database Services at GoDaddy employee at GoDaddy?
Check out the traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Tech Savvy
GoDaddy powers the world's largest cloud platform dedicated to small, independent ventures. With nearly 18 million customers worldwide and over 77 million domain names under management, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
We are looking for a strong software design engineer with passion to operationalize large scale, complex MySQL database infrastructure to join the Relational Database Services organization at GoDaddy. We are a large MySQL environment, with over 6 million MySQL databases serving millions of customers globally.
In this role, you will work on developing software services and tools to automate database management and administration tasks such as backups, patching, and improve reliability of the infrastructure to offer a superior operational experience for our customers.
If you have strong software development skills, passion for databases, love to apply software engineering to operationalize and automate infrastructure, dive deep to solve complex, large scale problems, obsess about customer needs, and want to participate in exciting open source projects, we want to hear from you!
GoDaddy's mission is to radically shift the global economy towards small businesses by empowering people to easily start, confidently grow and successfully run their own ventures. With more than 18 million customers worldwide and more than 75 million domain names under management, GoDaddy gives small business owners the tools to name their idea, build a beautiful online presence, attract customers and manage their business.
What does the job entail?
- Help GoDaddy build reliable software to operationalize our growing database infrastructure.
- Participate in Agile processes such as daily stand-up meetings, tracking boards, design and code reviews, automated testing, continuous integration and deployment.
- Work closely with internal partners to ensure that their requests are delivered quickly and with the highest quality.
- Work with Database services team to help build out, maintain, monitor and provide self-help capabilities for our customers to self-manage their databases.
Do you have what it takes?
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in CS/CE or equivalent industry experience.
- Passion to develop reliable solutions to complex distributed-computing problems.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills. Ability to adapt to the situation at hand. Positive team spirit and approach.
- Understanding of standard web technologies (HTTP, JSON, etc.). Experience in developing RESTful API and services.
- Knowledge in relational databases (MS SQL, MySQL, or similar).
- Experience in Configuration Management (Puppet, Ansible, SCOM etc.).
- Excellent Windows/Linux administration skills and understanding of system performance areas (memory, swap, disk I/O, network I/O).
- Experience with source control systems (Git) and software development disciplines.
- Effective systems design and problem solving skills.
- Deep understanding of algorithms, data structures, and performance optimization techniques.
- Willingness to work in a dynamic agile environment and participate in all aspects of our agile process.
- Experience with DevOps and understanding of infrastructure services such as Docker, OpenStack, Artifactory, Kubernetes etc. is a plus.
- Experience with public cloud platforms is a plus.
- Experience contributing to or managing Open Source projects is a plus.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need assistance completing an application for a position with us, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at Recruiting@godaddy.com
To submit your application to this position, please click Apply . On the next screen, after you click Apply, click Create to establish your candidate account. If you have previously created a candidate account, please slick Sign-In and use that account to complete your application.
GoDaddy helps keep employees fit and healthy with generous health benefits. From the best medical, vision, dental, and disability to on-site health and wellness assessments and employee assistance plans.
GoDaddy is a strong believer in the value of higher education. The Education Reimbursement Program encourages our employees to pursue further education and advancement at the company.
GoDaddy offers programs to help advance the careers of our employees. Programs include instruction led by our trainers, as well as opportunities for Tuition Reimbursement.
GoDaddy encourages employees to take time away from work to Live Passionately. GoDaddy goes above and beyond to provide opportunities to enjoy time away from work and we provide generous time away to rest & recharge.
We know that maintaining a work/life balance is the key to success. At GoDaddy, we provide many perks and amenities to help facilitate this balance.
GoDaddy looks closely at the retirement provisions and provides a competitive 401k employer match program. Our retirement plans are designed to fund a comfortable retirement for our employees.
The amazing thing about GoDaddy wasn't that we were able to define a company standard and have that standard meet or exceed our goals in defining it. The amazing thing was how open the teams were to joining forces to investigate, decide, evangelize and engage on a change like this.
Chris Evans, VP of Engineering
I haven't met a developer yet who doesn't want to change the world for the better with their work.
Blake Irving, GoDaddy Board Director & Former CEO
The product team combines data and customer insight to deliver impactful experiences around the world. Working here is an opportunity to make a difference globally by helping individuals make a living and bring their ideas from inception to reality.
Steven Aldrich, Chief Product Officer