At GoDaddy you’ll work with some of the best professionals in the world in an agile, small team environment owning a project end to end. Our marketing team members find success at GoDaddy and we give you the room you need to deliver the extraordinary. We collaborate with passion, and listen to our customers. Since many of us share an enthusiasm for entrepreneurship ourselves, we bring the full force of our personal and professional experience to work everyday.
What makes a successful Senior Technical Product Manager - Marketing Technologies employee at GoDaddy?
Check out the traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Digitally savvy
GoDaddy powers the world's largest cloud platform dedicated to small, independent ventures. With nearly 18.5 million customers worldwide and over 77 million domain names under management, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
We are looking for a Senior Technical Product Manager with a strong technical background, good business sense, and an ability to partner closely with engineering, other product management leaders, user experience, internal business operations and marketing teams to drive Marketing Technologies at GoDaddy. You will have responsibility for assessing and helping drive our Customer Touchpoints and Digital Marketing to fuel our next wave of growth. In this role, you are encouraged to wear multiple hats at the same time – Technical Product Manager, Data scientist, Architect and Engineer, depending on the context and need. As a Senior TPM in a Platforms and Technology team, you will be routinely asked to drive deep technology exploration in areas related to data platform, cloud, analytics, big data to assess the technical feasibility of implementing a particular solution to a problem area. As a Senior TPM of a new and evolving MarTech area you will be required to provide a high level architectural mentorship and advice the technical staff building the platforms. Sometimes you will also have to participate as a technical guide in design, architecture, and software development.
To be successful, you will need an established background in building web-scale software and services, a validated understanding in customer engagement and building positive relationships with customers. You will drive industry-leading engineering efforts at the highest levels of scalability, reliability and operational excellence, positively impacting GoDaddy business.
Experience with Marketing Technologies stack is required, along with an understanding of how Digital Marketing works. If you can combine that with a good understanding of the world of data and personalization…even better! Success in this role will require a strong ability to understand customer and partner requirements; translation of those business requirements into technical product engineering requirements; deep understanding of software development methodologies with core proficiency in at least one of the major software disciplines - .NET, Java and SQL; strong ability to define our overall short and long-term product/platform strategy, and work across the Marketing and Engineering teams, and the broader GoDaddy organization to ensure delivery of a compelling product/platform roadmap and features.
- Setting product/platform strategy and direction for our MarTech portfolio.
- Building the engineering and operational roadmap that is aligned with our long-term strategy.
- Understand core business problems and requirements from customers, marketing, and other platform teams.
- Provide leadership in a prioritization of product investment areas and detailed features.
- Working with Engineering, the wider Product Management teams and other internal groups to define and document user stories and use cases to guide engineering development.
- Track market trends and competition to inform product decisions and strategy.
- Ensure that solutions developed are intuitive for business users and rapidly adopted and consumed by business and constantly evangelize a customer first experience & culture.
- 10 years of dynamic experience working within a Marketing/Data & Personalization environment, with deep know-how of both the technical and business aspects of Marketing solutions.
- Proven track record of building and leading world-class software solutions, delivering compelling customer experiences.
- Prior experience with Digital Marketing or Marketing Technologies stack is required.
- Strong product management skills and ability to encourage engineering teams.
- Proven background and experience working in software development projects.
- Knowledge and experience with agile development process a requirement.
- Detailed problem solving and analytical abilities, combined with strong business insight.
- A strong voice for Marketing standard methodologies and industry standards.
- Excellent communication and persuasion skills.
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need assistance completing an application for a position with us, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at Recruiting@godaddy.com
Please note that GODADDY does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.
To submit your application to this position, please click Apply . On the next screen, after you click Apply, click Create to establish your candidate account. If you have previously created a candidate account, please slick Sign-In and use that account to complete your application.
GoDaddy helps keep employees fit and healthy with generous health benefits. From the best medical, vision, dental, and disability to on-site health and wellness assessments and employee assistance plans.
GoDaddy is a strong believer in the value of higher education. The Education Reimbursement Program encourages our employees to pursue further education and advancement at the company.
GoDaddy offers programs to help advance the careers of our employees. Programs include instruction led by our trainers, as well as opportunities for Tuition Reimbursement.
GoDaddy encourages employees to take time away from work to Live Passionately. GoDaddy goes above and beyond to provide opportunities to enjoy time away from work and we provide generous time away to rest & recharge.
We know that maintaining a work/life balance is the key to success. At GoDaddy, we provide many perks and amenities to help facilitate this balance.
GoDaddy looks closely at the retirement provisions and provides a competitive 401k employer match program. Our retirement plans are designed to fund a comfortable retirement for our employees.
The work we do at GoDaddy gives small business owners the products and customer care support they need to be successful online. We make the business of doing business easier.
Jodi Valenta, VP Marketing
The vision of GoDaddy is changing the world’s economy to small business. To do that, we need diversity throughout our teams that reflects our customer base.
Auguste Foldman, SVP Customer Care