GoDaddy engineers are shifting the global economy to support small businesses worldwide to create beautiful online experiences for their customers that help them grow and manage their business. We work fearlessly to build innovative solutions, platforms and business applications tailored to the unique needs of the small business owner. Using a collaborative, agile, small team approach we make cutting edge technologies simple and effective. Our team of technologists do the heavy lifting, so our customers can focus on making their dreams come true.
What makes a successful Senior Software Engineer - Backend employee at GoDaddy?
Check out the traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Tech Savvy
GoDaddy powers the world's largest cloud platform dedicated to small, independent ventures. With nearly 17 million customers worldwide and over 73 million domain names under management, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
GoDaddy is looking for a full-stack back-end engineer to join our next generation experience web team in Kirkland. The team is building our next generation experiences for our small business customers to help them start, grow and run their venture. If you have the passion, enthusiasm and ability to create compelling web and mobile interactions for customers on their way to making their small businesses great, we would like to talk to you!
We are looking for a full-stack engineer with a back-end focus to be a part of our team working on the next generation of user experiences for our customers. We are a dynamic and growing company that loves what we do and are looking for passionate people to share our vision. We leverage experimentation to make data-driven decisions about how to best help our customers. By combining personalization, machine learning, and cutting-edge software systems we are building services that will solve the problems and needs of people starting and running their small business.
The development stack spans API services (Python and Node.js) & devops (Kubernetes and Docker) along with current front-end and back-end technologies including React, React Native, ES2015+, scikit-learn, and cloud computing platforms like AWS and GCP.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about doing the right thing for the customer and want to learn and grow with new technologies and opportunities. If you want to work with smart people doing work that will be used by millions of people every day, we would like to talk to you!
- Write great code and create unit and integration tests that prove it.
- Participate in ensuring a high quality and performant system that engages and delights customers.
- Participate in planning, architectural discussion, implementation, and maintenance of a client and server side platform enabling personalized interactions with customers.
- Perform code reviews and participate in defining and supporting coding best practices.
- Participate in devops, release and on-call activities in support of the platform.
- Write, edit and improve technical documentation.
- Engage with engineers & stakeholders across GoDaddy to solve problems with broad impact (from group-wide to company-wide impact).
- Support, mentor and help develop other engineers in the team.
- Contribute to Open Source projects related to the tech stack and domain of our products.
- You have a strong understanding of the fundamentals of core back-end technologies: Node.js or Python; REST APIs; and distributed architectures.
- You have a strong understanding of git and git-based workflows.
- You have experience using technologies and languages such as Node.js, npm, yarn, ES2015+, Python, or pip.
- You have experience working with highly agile development teams.
- You have experience creating RESTful APIs to power web applications. Experience with other technologies such as GraphQL or WebSockets a plus.
- You have experience with devops and understand systems like docker, AWS, GCP, OpenStack, Artifactory or Kubernetes.
- You have experience contributing to Open Source projects. Managing Open Source projects is a plus.
- You are familiar with front-end technologies such as React, Vue.js, Ember, Next.js, Angular, Backbone, or jQuery.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need assistance completing an application for a position with us, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at Recruiting@godaddy.com
To submit your application to this position, please click Apply . On the next screen, after you click Apply, click Create to establish your candidate account. If you have previously created a candidate account, please slick Sign-In and use that account to complete your application.
GoDaddy helps keep employees fit and healthy with generous health benefits. From the best medical, vision, dental, and disability to on-site health and wellness assessments and employee assistance plans.
GoDaddy is a strong believer in the value of higher education. The Education Reimbursement Program encourages our employees to pursue further education and advancement at the company.
GoDaddy offers programs to help advance the careers of our employees. Programs include instruction led by our trainers, as well as opportunities for Tuition Reimbursement.
GoDaddy encourages employees to take time away from work to Live Passionately. GoDaddy goes above and beyond to provide opportunities to enjoy time away from work and we provide generous time away to rest & recharge.
We know that maintaining a work/life balance is the key to success. At GoDaddy, we provide many perks and amenities to help facilitate this balance.
GoDaddy looks closely at the retirement provisions and provides a competitive 401k employer match program. Our retirement plans are designed to fund a comfortable retirement for our employees.
The amazing thing about GoDaddy wasn't that we were able to define a company standard and have that standard meet or exceed our goals in defining it. The amazing thing was how open the teams were to joining forces to investigate, decide, evangelize and engage on a change like this.
Chris Evans, VP of Engineering
I haven't met a developer yet who doesn't want to change the world for the better with their work.
Blake Irving, GoDaddy Board Director & Former CEO
The product team combines data and customer insight to deliver impactful experiences around the world. Working here is an opportunity to make a difference globally by helping individuals make a living and bring their ideas from inception to reality.
Steven Aldrich, Chief Product Officer