Senior Software Development EngineerPrimary Location: Kirkland, Washington Additional location(s): Scottsdale, Arizona
GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit www.GoDaddy.com.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Front of Site - Merchandising Services team you will be building the back-end services that power GoDaddy.com to help our customers find everything they need to take their business online or extend their online presence.
You’ll work in our Kirkland, WA or Scottsdale, AZ office, or remotely from Washington State or Arizona State
This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Colorado, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands
What you'll get to do...
- Maintain a mission-critical platform and suite of applications that operates at global scale, serving highly dynamic content to 56 markets in 27 languages, handling millions of requests per day, all with industry-leading performance
- Develop high quality, highly scalable and available, cloud-ready microservices
- Test code (e.g., writing functional, integration and unit tests)
- Embrace Agile methodologies to continuously release and deploy services
- Collaborate with business stakeholders and partner teams to engineer cutting-edge solutions that benefit our customers
- Perform code reviews and drive adoption of engineering best practices
Your experience should include...
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related discipline
- 3+ years experience in a Software Engineering role building highly scalable services
- Extensive knowledge of object-oriented programming in C# or Java
- Strong foundation in data structures, algorithms, software designs, microservices, and cloud computing
- Passion for self-driven, continuous learning both in and out of the office
- Excellent analytical, research and communication skills are required
You might also have...
- Prior work experience with AWS is a plus.
We've got your back...
Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.Job ID R011374