GoDaddy engineers are shifting the global economy to support small businesses worldwide to create beautiful online experiences for their customers that help them grow and manage their business. We work fearlessly to build innovative solutions, platforms and business applications tailored to the unique needs of the small business owner. Using a collaborative, agile, small team approach we make cutting edge technologies simple and effective. Our team of technologists do the heavy lifting, so our customers can focus on making their dreams come true.
What makes a successful Backend Senior Software Developer - Customer Care Platform employee at GoDaddy?
Check out the traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Tech Savvy
GoDaddy powers the world's largest cloud platform dedicated to small, independent ventures. With nearly 18 million customers worldwide and over 77 million domain names under management, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
We’re looking for passionate, high-performing software development engineers to join our team. Our engineers our self-starting, independent technologists who love to dive in to tough problems and provide elegant solutions. Come be a part of the team that is technology partner for our award-wining Customer Care organization
The Customer Care Applications team builds applications that help our Care representatives provide the kick-ass support our customers expect from GoDaddy. Used by thousands of Care reps every day, these apps are mission critical to GoDaddy’s business operations around the globe, including generation of 1/3 of company revenue. Our team works directly with business leaders to create specifications, architect highly scalable and available solutions, and write the code that reps use every day. We use cutting-edge technology solutions, including Node.js and .Net Core on the back-end, React.js on the front-end, and Docker, OpenStack, and Chef for our CICD environment.
- Develop simple, scalable and maintainable software for business problems, writing both front-end and back-end code
- Maintain complete responsibility to develop, test, coordinate with QA, and deploy your creations
- Create high-quality, reusable components that can be shared across the team, company, and even the world via GitHub
- Participate in Scrum activities, including writing and prioritizing stories, and driving completion of work in a timely manner
- Collaborate with our business partners to provide the technology to enable our Care reps to provide world-class customer service as efficiently as possible
- Help establish consistent design patterns and architecture for the team, while driving best practices
- Resolve production issues for our Care reps quickly and professionally, as their livelihood depends on it
- Evaluate emerging technologies and develop proof of concepts, for opportunities to improve existing systems
- Mentor junior developers and interns
• 7+ years of software development experience
• Strong understanding of the fundamentals of core back-end technologies: Java, C#, Node.js; and distributed architectures
• Knowledge of Microservices architecture and experience creating RESTful APIs to power web applications
• Experience with Dev-ops and solid understanding of systems such as Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, AWS, GCP, OpenStack, Artifactory.
• Familiarity with Agile (Scrum) software development, Git/GitHub, and related tools
• Strong software architecture skills
• Experience with front end technologies such as React, Ember, Angular, Backbone and/or jQuery, and "last mile" technologies such as grunt, gulp, or webpack to ship production-ready software.
• Ability to work independently on projects, exercising creative ways to get issues resolved while embodying GoDaddy values of Joining Forces and Owning Outcomes
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need assistance completing an application for a position with us, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at Recruiting@godaddy.com
To submit your application to this position, please click Apply . On the next screen, after you click Apply, click Create to establish your candidate account. If you have previously created a candidate account, please slick Sign-In and use that account to complete your application.
GoDaddy helps keep employees fit and healthy with generous health benefits. From the best medical, vision, dental, and disability to on-site health and wellness assessments and employee assistance plans.
GoDaddy is a strong believer in the value of higher education. The Education Reimbursement Program encourages our employees to pursue further education and advancement at the company.
GoDaddy offers programs to help advance the careers of our employees. Programs include instruction led by our trainers, as well as opportunities for Tuition Reimbursement.
GoDaddy encourages employees to take time away from work to Live Passionately. GoDaddy goes above and beyond to provide opportunities to enjoy time away from work and we provide generous time away to rest & recharge.
We know that maintaining a work/life balance is the key to success. At GoDaddy, we provide many perks and amenities to help facilitate this balance.
GoDaddy looks closely at the retirement provisions and provides a competitive 401k employer match program. Our retirement plans are designed to fund a comfortable retirement for our employees.
The amazing thing about GoDaddy wasn't that we were able to define a company standard and have that standard meet or exceed our goals in defining it. The amazing thing was how open the teams were to joining forces to investigate, decide, evangelize and engage on a change like this.
Chris Evans, VP of Engineering
I haven't met a developer yet who doesn't want to change the world for the better with their work.
Blake Irving, GoDaddy Board Director & Former CEO
The product team combines data and customer insight to deliver impactful experiences around the world. Working here is an opportunity to make a difference globally by helping individuals make a living and bring their ideas from inception to reality.
Steven Aldrich, Chief Product Officer