Senior Manager - UX StrategyPrimary Location: Kirkland, Washington Additional location(s): United States - Remote
At GoDaddy the future of work looks different for each team. Some teams work in the office full-time; others have a hybrid arrangement (they work remotely some days and in the office some days) and some work entirely remotely.
This is a remote position, so you’ll be working remotely from your home. You may occasionally visit a GoDaddy office to meet with your team for events or offsites.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands.
What you'll get to do...
As a UX Strategy Manager, you are leading a group of UX Strategists toward developing world class customer centric work that drives GoDaddy’s business. You are the senior representative on the team partnering with creative and copy leaders driving craft & quality across the customer experience.
You live and breathe insights, user testing, qualitative consumer research, analytics, and information architecture—but a well-balanced working knowledge across all disciplines is just as welcome.
In this role, you’ll manage a team in strategy and execution, with limitless opportunities for you to turn your ideas into reality.
- Lead and drive excellence – Collaborate with the Sr. Director of Front of Site to make sure that the team has the right staff with the appropriate skills. Make sure that team members are doing their best work and thriving.
- Communicate and Collaborate - You understand technical limitations, where to take liberties and how to communicate with senior leaders, product managers, researchers, and creative staff members.
- Design for Scale - Create experiences across multiple touch points, mediums, products, regions and customers without sacrificing consistency and simplicity.
- Define & Document - Create artifacts that articulate new processes, self-start new initiatives, and help grow the overall strategy team.
- Mentor, Lead, Inspire - Your team, other designers, and the larger GoDaddy design community
- Drive & Deliver – Provide thought leadership to colleagues in a range of subjects, such as requirement gathering, consumer research and insights, marketing and strategic planning
Your experience should include...
- 5+ years experience in delivering projects to market with a proven track record
- A rock-solid portfolio that demonstrates skills in user experience and interaction design
- A deep understanding of what makes an experience good or bad and can communicate why
- Strong wireframe and prototyping skills
- Experience in developing presentations and proposals
- Deep understanding of design tools like: Figma, Sketch, Framer, Adobe XD
You might also have...
- Experience building software for customer experience or service design industries
- BA or MA in interaction design, communication design, industrial design, HCI, or equivalent
- Experience with micro-interactions and animations
- Experience with UX writing, micro-copy and why content is important
- Experience working with complex information architecture and navigation challenges
- Ability to plan, scope and deliver work that contributes to a larger, long-term plan
- Ability to communicate complex ideas and concepts to a broad team of Designers, Engineers and Product Managers
- Ability to take complex problems and crystalize them into actionable items
- Experience mentoring and guiding junior members of the team
- Ability to work independently and autonomously to deliver on goals
- Experience with user experience and usability testing
We've got your back... Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
About us... GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us (https://aboutus.godaddy.net/about-us/overview/default.aspx.)
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at email@example.com.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.Job ID R015518
GoDaddy's compensation is local to where you are and may vary based on an individual's qualifications at the time of the offer. The anticipated annual base salary ranges for select locations are listed below:
- Seattle, New York City - $148000.00 to $185000.00
- Colorado, Washington State - $120000.00 to $150000.00