Senior Program Manager - EngineeringApplyApply Later Location Kirkland, Washington; Tempe, Arizona; Gilbert, Arizona; Scottsdale, Arizona; Hiawatha, Iowa; Sunnyvale, California
GoDaddy powers the world's largest cloud platform dedicated to small, independent ventures. With 20 million customers worldwide, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to empower entrepreneurs everywhere, making opportunity more inclusive for all. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
We’ve adapted our hiring process in response to COVID-19. To learn more about what GoDaddy is doing differently click here.
Are you passionate about building community? Do you have a solid track record in crafting programs, initiatives and events that enable learning and drive employee engagement amongst the software engineering community? We are looking for a community development professional to develop and implement programs focused on learning, collaborating and knowledge sharing with the end goal of enabling software engineers to deliver on our strategy.
This role will be responsible for the development of the corporate cadence of software engineering community programs including Engineering Days, Technical Workshops and Hackathons. This is a highly cross-functional role working across engineering, product, usability, communications, IT, learning, and event teams to consistently deliver community programs that build employee skills, engagement and company pride. The ideal candidate will have a broad set of learning, communication and project management skills, along with a resourceful nature and a drive to make things happen.
- Review data and work with senior leaders to identify where capability gaps will hinder the company’s ability to deliver its strategy or otherwise negatively adjust company performance, and propose engineering community programs to address needs.
- Manage relationships with third-party vendors to deliver learning content and programs.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of engineering community programs such as company-wide Engineering Days, Technical Workshops and Hackathons.
- Build programs by bringing together technical partners and subject-matter specialists to build the goals and then manage the roll-out of those programs, including training content development, communications and planning for a quality learner experience when the program lands.
- Set goals and measure the efficiency of the software engineering community programs by surveying and holding retrospectives. Continually learn, iterate and improve to make the next program better.
- Drive awareness and participation of programs by leveraging internal communication tools, the engineering community and in partnership with the communication team.
- Manage multiple learning programs and projects from beginning to end, including project planning, scheduling, communications and reporting.
- Join forces with the engineering community members and teams to deliver relevant, credible programs that make a difference.
- At least five years of experience as a program manager in a technical/engineering environment, with specific experience in community development.
- Experience working closely with senior technical leaders and engineers.
- Superior problem-solving skills and ability to translate problems into community development opportunities
- Experience of managing the roll-out of training and community development programs across multiple locations.
- Experience of identifying business impact metrics for programs, gathering data, and reporting results back to business leaders.
- Deep understanding of software engineers – how they think, what they need to do their jobs better, how to get them to participate and engage
This role can be remote.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need assistance completing an application for a position with us, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at email@example.com
Please note that GODADDY does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.
To submit your application to this position, please click Apply . On the next screen, after you click Apply, click Create to establish your candidate account. If you have previously created a candidate account, please slick Sign-In and use that account to complete your application.