No company starts out knowing how to do everything right, and we’ve had 20 years of trying, breaking, fixing, and repeating. We provide a rock-solid leadership team & a mission to change the world but we never forget about our employees. At GoDaddy you can expect to learn leading-edge processes and technologies, and help your business partners strike a balance between speed and compliance. It’s a rare opportunity and one that is perfectly suited for curious go-getters who love a challenge!
What makes a successful Senior Financial Analyst; Independents employee at GoDaddy?
Check out the traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
GoDaddy powers the world's largest cloud platform dedicated to small, independent ventures. With 19 million customers worldwide, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to empower entrepreneurs everywhere, making opportunity more inclusive for all. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
As a Senior Financial Analyst for the Finance team, you will be responsible for tracking and understanding the business drivers, as well as assisting with the budgeting and forecasting process. Your focus will be supporting the US and International teams with primary emphasis on managing and analyzing bookings and operating expenses; including forecasting cycles, trending, and modeling. You will need to demonstrate a thirst for knowledge and love using your analytical tools and skills to help the business take proactive action on unique problems in a highly collaborative environment.
What does this job entail?
- Assist in the development and implementation of the annual budgeting, planning, and forecast process in collaboration with Finance and region leadership
- Prepare weekly and monthly reporting
- Assist in the research, analysis and articulation of variance drivers against the monthly, quarterly and annual budget/forecast.
- Use your knowledge of expenses and trending to support monthly P&L reconciliation and gap analysis
- Assist in preparation of business reviews and presentation to senior management
- Build ad-hoc financial models, analyses, reports and related presentation materials
What do you need to do this job?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting required; Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Business a plus
- 5 or more years of progressive experience as a Financial Analyst, or equivalent number of years combined Accountant/Auditor and Financial Analyst
- Advanced skill in Excel and PowerPoint; Tableau and SQL a plus
- Detail oriented with a passion for quality
- Enjoys working in a highly collaborative environment
- Needs to be comfortable with trend analysis and large amounts of data across P&L lines
- Must possess excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills along with adept problem-solving skills
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Extremely curious and analytical mindset; not satisfied with easy or convenient answers
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need assistance completing an application for a position with us, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at Recruiting@godaddy.com
Please note that GODADDY does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.
To submit your application to this position, please click Apply . On the next screen, after you click Apply, click Create to establish your candidate account. If you have previously created a candidate account, please slick Sign-In and use that account to complete your application.
GoDaddy seeks to make health coverage available for employees and family members. While options differ by country, our goal is to ensure the right care in the right place at the right price.
GoDaddy offers programs to help advance the careers of our employees. Programs include instruction led by our trainers, as well as opportunities for Tuition Reimbursement.
Time Away From Work
GoDaddy encourages employees to take time away from work to Live Passionately. GoDaddy complies with the provisions in each of the countries we do business, but we go above and beyond to provide opportunities to enjoy time away.
Saving for Retirement
GoDaddy looks closely at the retirement provisions offered in each country. Our retirement plans are designed to fund a comfortable retirement and are usually funded by employee and employer contributions.
At GoDaddy, we choose open and convenient locations as we want our offices to reflect our culture. We have open architecture and feature bold designs. In many locations, we feature dining facilities with great healthy choices.
Perks and Amenities
GoDaddy seeks to find vendor partners who provide discounts on products and services ranging from electronics to pet insurance to home and auto insurance. We understand that it pays to shop around for the best deals and we are happy to help you by combining the purchasing power of GoDaddy employees.
Our sharp mission to shift the global economy toward small business focuses our employees on the same goal and motivates us to do meaningful work here at GoDaddy.
Ray Winborne, Chief Financial Officer
Over the past two years, what’s become most apparent is there is no shortage of new and stimulating things to learn here every single day. If you’re looking to try something new, the culture and people throughout the entire organization are supportive of every employee’s appetite to discover new and different skills.
Christie Masoner, Sr Manager Technical Accounting