Senior Director - Marketing AnalyticsPrimary Location: Kirkland, Washington Additional location(s): Santa Clara, California; Tempe, Arizona
Location: Kirkland, WA - but we are flexible with this position being remote
This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Colorado, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands.
Join our team ...
GoDaddy is the leading provider of software, solutions and support that enable the aspirations of millions of everyday entrepreneurs in the United States. To support the performance and growth of this important business unit, GoDaddy is seeking a world-class analytics leader to join our dynamic – and growing – team.
This is a critical leadership role where you are a leader supporting GoDaddy’s Global Marketing activities, focused on reducing the distance between data and decisive business actions. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated mastery in proactively ideating and developing scalable analytic solutions and structures that rapidly generate insights to proactively identify opportunities, surface threats, and unlock new ideas for experimentation. The selected candidate will possess strong business acumen and a knack for explaining complicated findings in easily consumable ways. Experience in marketing analytics & campaign effectiveness required.
Previous leadership roles in data analytics or finance is required
What you'll get to do...
- Provide high energy thought leadership and lead execution for the Global Marketing Analytics team
- Partner with business stakeholders to unlock the power of data and insights to explain the value of our advertising, brand, and customer marketing efforts. The insights you uncover will drive strategic marketing investment decisions
- Own the development roadmap of the data products, models and dashboards that shed light on the return of our marketing investments
- Manage and grow the existing analytics team through proactive coaching and the expectations you establish and the examples you set
- Be a thought leader within the broader data and analytics organization. Align and contribute to best practices and standards that increase our scale, capabilities and delivery
- Become the face for the team with your stakeholder group. Ensure understanding of our partner goals, objectives, and strategy. Align priorities in concert with key partners including business and internal stakeholders
Your experience should include...
- MS in Statistics, Applied Mathematics or related field
- You have 8+ years of experience in analytical organizations delivering platform solutions, capabilities, and test & learn opportunities.
- You have 5+ years of experience leading people and unlocking/elevating the talent on your team. You inspire greatness through your strong principles
- You have 5+ years of experience working with marketing executives to understand marketing ROI and campaign effectiveness
- You have demonstrated aptitude for leading in multiple contexts, such as with engineers, data scientists, finance, marketers and executives
- Proficiency in SQL and at least one programming language (e.g., R, Python, Scala).
- You have deep understanding of A/B and multi-variant testing, including the math and statistics necessary to interpret and make informed decisions about results
- You have demonstrated ability in transforming model insights into experimental designs in the context of a corporate testing culture
- You have demonstrated ability in Attribution and Marketing Mix Model deployment and understand these model constructs at the algorithm level
- You have a strong understanding of the media buying and targeting process across various advertising platforms
- You can provide exceptional verbal and written summation of insights. You have the ability to tell a complicated story in simple terms consumable at all levels, but the depth of understanding to get into the details as needed
- You understand how foundational data architecture impacts all products and processes downstream, and have experience building optimized foundations. You understand the software development lifecycle and have demonstrated experience building analytics products
- You love data, like to have fun, and are a realistic optimist – you have an attitude of “yes, we can” and a track record of “yes, we did”
We've got your back... Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
About us... GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us (https://aboutus.godaddy.net/about-us/overview/default.aspx.)
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.Job ID R012795