Senior Data EngineerPrimary Location: Kirkland, Washington - Remote Additional location(s): Arizona; British Columbia, Canada; Ontario, Canada; Scottsdale, Arizona; Tempe, Arizona; Washington
GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit www.GoDaddy.com.
Join our team
We're looking for an experienced and passionate Senior Data Engineer to join our team. Our vision is to empower GoDaddy to leverage data to drive better customer and business outcomes. Our batch and streaming solutions turn vast amounts of data into useful insights. If you’re interested in working with the latest big data technologies, using industry leading BI analytics and visualization tools, and bringing the power of data to our customers’ fingertips then this position is for you!
Our ideal candidates in a fast-paced environment, enjoys the challenge of highly complex business contexts (that are typically being defined in real-time), and, above all, is a passionate about data and analytics.
This role is in Kirkland, WA OR Tempe, AZ OR Remote. This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Colorado, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands.
What you'll get to do
- Work in an agile development environment, constantly shipping and iterating.
- Develop high quality batch and streaming big data pipelines.
- Collaborate with our Data Consumers, gathering requirements, and delivering complete data solutions.
- Own the design, development, and maintenance of datasets that drive key business decisions.
- Adopt and define the standards and best practices in data engineering including data integrity, performance optimization, validation, reliability, and documentation.
- Keep up-to-date with advances in big data technologies and run pilots to design the data architecture to scale with the increased data volume using cloud services.
- Triage many possible courses of action in a high-ambiguity environment, making use of both quantitative analysis and business judgment.
Your experience should include
- Bachelor’s degree in CS or related technical field.
- 5+ years of experience in data modeling, data development, and data warehousing.
- Experience working with Big Data technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Kafka, Kinesis).
- Experience with large scale data processing systems for both batch and streaming technologies (Hadoop, Spark, Kinesis, Flink).
- Experience in programming using Python, Java or Scala.
- Experience with data orchestration tools (Airflow, Oozie, Step Functions).
- Solid understanding of database technologies including NoSQL and SQL.
- Track record of delivering reliable data pipelines with solid test infrastructure, CICD, data quality checks, monitoring, and alerting.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills with ability to balance competing priorities.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills and an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
- An ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is occurring, and ambiguity is the norm.
You might also have
- Experience with AWS big data technologies - S3, EMR, Kinesis, Redshift, Glue
- Experience with restful API
We've got your back...
Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.Job ID R012205