At GoDaddy you’ll work with some of the best professionals in the world in an agile, small team environment owning a project end to end. Our marketing team members find success at GoDaddy and we give you the room you need to deliver the extraordinary. We collaborate with passion, and listen to our customers. Since many of us share an enthusiasm for entrepreneurship ourselves, we bring the full force of our personal and professional experience to work everyday.
What makes a successful Product Strategist Media Temple employee at GoDaddy?
Check out the traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Digitally savvy
GoDaddy powers the world's largest cloud platform dedicated to small, independent ventures. With nearly 17 million customers worldwide and over 75 million domain names under management, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
Media Temple, the place for Creatives, Agencies and market leading brands, is looking for a strong Agency-focused Product Strategist to drive the development of Agency specific solutions, feature sets and tools to support the needs of agency growth and performance objectives and execution of Media Temple’s Strategy for Agencies.
As the Product Strategist, you will have primary responsibilities for providing strategic guidance for product enhancements and developing the go forward product strategy, working collaboratively across the Media Temple’s product organization, engineering, BI, sales and marketing and leadership team to advance business strategies for launching innovative new offerings to the agency and direct brands.
The successful candidate will have prior experience developing data-driven growth strategies for technology companies, whether through work in strategy consulting or a product management role. It is critical that this person possess a high comfort with ambiguity, strong problem structuring skills, analytical acumen, and solid communication skills in presenting business insights to executives. The ideal applicant will also have experience working within the product development process, the ability to establish credibility with product and engineering leaders, and an understanding of operational and go-to-market implications of their strategy recommendations.
In addition, the candidate will also have strong written and verbal communication skills, presentation capabilities and the ability to foster creativity, innovation, and customer engagement, and effectively interact collaboratively with and influence key internal and external drivers and decision makers. Experience working within an agency environment, cloud services and open source products are major advantages.
- Analyze the external marketplace, customers, competitors and technology trends and offerings, synthesize findings, and identify sources of need and distinctiveness to agencies and direct brands, size addressable market and model revenue opportunity to develop business case for expansion into specific product/tools offerings.
- Understand agency needs and business priorities to define the vision and objectives for the products and tools supported. Own customer/feature prioritization across the customer experience and actively contribute to technology prioritization and product development road-maps to drive the highest value for customers.
- Conduct voice of the customer research with Media Temple customers and prospects to test new product concepts, isolate product requirements, understand willingness to pay, and identify implications for product positioning, customer journey and go-to-market strategy.
- Identify and track key success metrics (e.g., adoption, usage, task accomplishment and customer satisfaction) for the application and utilize the metrics to make informed decisions and ensure the application is meeting defined objectives.
- Collaborate on user experience and development with our user experience (UX), internal and external teams, help remove roadblocks for the development team, and define business model by both identifying areas for value creation and value capture and articulate market entry requirements, business risks, and steps to mitigate.
- Partner with the leadership team to drive the operational cadence, measure and track critical initiatives, and assist in the preparation of content for Executive discussions.
- Bachelor’s degree; MBA from a top-tier school is a plus
- 5-7+ years of strategy or management consulting experience at a top firm. 2+ years of product management experience
- Track record of successful delivery of company-critical projects and proven business impact with a bias for action and a passion for delivering great customer experiences.
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills; strong aptitude for structuring complex problems and presenting well-supported solutions
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset; comfort with ambiguity and drive to take on new challenges and responsibilities, with ability to lead, influence and inspire cross-functional groups.
- Previous experience using metrics and voice of the customer feedback to understand how customers interact with digital applications for their needs and make informed decisions on enhancements to increase adoption, engagement, satisfaction and task accomplishment.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively in teams.
- Demonstrate a passion for ownership through a track record of successfully achieving results in a complex work environment.
- Have strong project management skills, including a proven ability to think end-to-end, establish priorities, manage long-term projects, and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong product and market background and excel in all areas of strategy development and execution including: product management, business analysis, problem solving, executive communication, consensus building, and people development. A combination of strategy and technology market experience related to Open Source, Cloud, Security, Tools and commercialization of APIs is ideal.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, exceptional listening skills, good influencing and negotiation skills.
- Travel Requirements: 10-20%
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need assistance completing an application for a position with us, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at Recruiting@godaddy.com
To submit your application to this position, please click Apply . On the next screen, after you click Apply, click Create to establish your candidate account. If you have previously created a candidate account, please slick Sign-In and use that account to complete your application.
GoDaddy helps keep employees fit and healthy with generous health benefits. From the best medical, vision, dental, and disability to on-site health and wellness assessments and employee assistance plans.
GoDaddy is a strong believer in the value of higher education. The Education Reimbursement Program encourages our employees to pursue further education and advancement at the company.
GoDaddy offers programs to help advance the careers of our employees. Programs include instruction led by our trainers, as well as opportunities for Tuition Reimbursement.
GoDaddy encourages employees to take time away from work to Live Passionately. GoDaddy goes above and beyond to provide opportunities to enjoy time away from work and we provide generous time away to rest & recharge.
We know that maintaining a work/life balance is the key to success. At GoDaddy, we provide many perks and amenities to help facilitate this balance.
GoDaddy looks closely at the retirement provisions and provides a competitive 401k employer match program. Our retirement plans are designed to fund a comfortable retirement for our employees.
The work we do at GoDaddy gives small business owners the products and customer care support they need to be successful online. We make the business of doing business easier.
Jodi Valenta, VP Marketing
The vision of GoDaddy is changing the world’s economy to small business. To do that, we need diversity throughout our teams that reflects our customer base.
Auguste Foldman, SVP Customer Care
- Work at GoDaddy: View available locations for this position
- Explore Our City: Work at GoDaddy: