Data EngineerPrimary Location: Kirkland, Washington - Remote Additional location(s): Austin, Texas; Los Angeles, California; Santa Clara, California; Scottsdale, Arizona; Tempe, Arizona; Texas
GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit www.GoDaddy.com.
You’ll work in our Tempe, AZ or Kirkland, WA office or remote in the United States. Your manager is in Tempe, AZ.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Colorado, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands.
What you'll get to do...
Our Data Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every
day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling
experience for all our customers. So, if you’re interested in a career creating data driven products and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
- Work in an agile(scrum) development environment, constantly shipping and iterating.
- Develop high quality batch and streaming big data pipelines.
- Collaborate with our Data Consumers, gathering requirements, and delivering complete data solutions.
- Own the development, and maintenance of datasets that drive key business decisions.
- Adopt and define the standards and best practices in data engineering including data integrity, performance optimization,
validation, reliability, and documentation.
- Keep up to date with advances in big data technologies and run pilots to develop the data architecture to scale with the increased
data volume using cloud services.
- Triage many possible courses of action in a high ambiguity environment, making use of both quantitative analysis and business judgment.
Your experience should include...
- Bachelor’s degree in CS or related technical field.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in analytics, data development, and data warehousing.
- Experience working with Big Data technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Spark).
- Experience in programming using Python, Java or Scala.
- Experience with data orchestration tools (Airflow, Oozie, Step Functions).
- Solid understanding of database technologies including NoSQL and SQL.
- Track record of delivering reliable data pipelines with solid test infrastructure, CICD, data quality checks, monitoring, and alerting.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills with ability to balance competing priorities.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills and an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
- An ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is occurring, and ambiguity is the norm.
You might also have...
- Experience with AWS big data technologies – S3, EMR, Kinesis, Redshift, Glue
- Experience of building Tableau reports for analytics
We've got your back...
Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.Job ID R011935