Principal Database Engineer – eCommerceKirkland, Washington
GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit www.GoDaddy.com.
We are a distributed team, and you can be located anywhere in the United States. We have offices you can use in the Bay Area; in the Seattle area; in Los Angeles, in Cambridge, Massachusetts; in the Phoenix metropolitan area; and in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
GoDaddy is looking for a Principal Database Engineer to join our eCommerce engineering team. In this role, you will work across a talented team to refine and execute on the vision for our next generation eCommerce stack. You will apply broad industry knowledge of database technologies to help streamline the migration from our classic systems into AWS, solving big problems that directly impact the company’s bottom line.
We are moving full steam towards reinventing our platform to be globally distributed, robust, and fully automated. And we scale to support our 20+ million customers that depend on us to purchase products every day with speed and security. If this sounds like something you want to work on, we are very excited to hear from you!
What you'll get to do...
- Design implement and maintain database functionality and infrastructure supporting core eCommerce functions (Billing Agent, Dunning, Orders, etc.)
- Define and implement strategy for migrating data from on prem to cloud
- Analyze gaps and weakness with current data architecture
- Leverage AWS database technology and offerings to help meet business continuity and availability goals
- Support maintenance and upgrade of the existing classic eCommerce system, including high availability/disaster recovery
- Create retooling to stress test and measure the data architecture
Your experience should include...
- 10+ years of database engineering experience, including performance tuning and coding stored procedures, data modeling
- Bachelor’s degree in CS or relevant technical field or equivalent experience
- Experience designing and maintaining high volume, high availability tier 1 transactional databases
- Production experience for both SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience working with two or more cloud native database offerings (e.g., AWS Aurora, AWS Dynamo DB)
- Experience building data layers in support of a microservice architecture
You might also have...
- OOD skills in Java
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Experience with RESTful API design
- Experience building on Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience developing eCommerce systems
We've got your back...
Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.Job ID R011731