Manager, Software Engineering - Risk Services and FraudPrimary Location: Kirkland, Washington Additional location(s): Scottsdale, Arizona
GoDaddy powers the world's largest cloud platform dedicated to small, independent ventures. Our mission is to empower entrepreneurs everywhere, making opportunity more inclusive for all. We're a trusted growth partner to over 19 million everyday entrepreneurs worldwide. We're empowering them to change the world if it doesn't quite fit them. To make their idea real. To grow it online. We help them do what they've been dreaming of and make the world they want. To learn more about us visit www.GoDaddy.com.
This job can be located in Kirkland, WA or Scottsdale, AZ
This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Colorado, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands
What you'll get to do...
GoDaddy is looking for a passionate, high performing and hands on Software Development Manager for the Risk Services team. On this team, you will be responsible for managing the team and helping to architect, plan, design and build systems that enable and protect the access of our systems for millions of customers, resellers, and services. You will be working on a high visibility team working with modern technology and techniques to help teams across GoDaddy protect our customers from malicious actors.
If you're looking for a fast-paced, growing company, with a culture that's inclusive, collaborative and fun, then GoDaddy is the place to be. If you want a role that has substantial impact, with the opportunity to learn and grow, then the Risk Services team is the place for you!
- You will manage and lead a motivated distributed team of engineers including:
- Performing reviews, assisting in career development, being a mentor and resource for other team members while working to ensure a cohesive team environment
- Attracting and hiring new employees
- You will lead designing, architecting, planning, implementing, and reviewing our platform
- You will work across multiple distributed teams to accomplish internal and external platform integrations
- You will be responsible for full stack implementations to accomplish our goals including:
- Creating and extending APIs to support our interactions for risk and fraud
- Creating interactions and UI to ensure smooth interactions for our Risk analyst teams
- Writing unit tests, functional tests, monitors, and documentation
- You will evolve the existing system into maintainable modern and distributed platforms while maintaining top notch business results for our partners
Your experience should include...
- BS/MS in a computer science/related discipline or equivalent full-time software engineering experience
- 5+ years of experience as a Software Development Manager with demonstrated ability to lead engineering teams
- 10+ years full stack software engineering experience with demonstrated ability to write testable, maintainable, and scalable code
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills and an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills with ability to balance competing priorities.
- Understanding how to build modern front ends, RESTful API design and micro-services
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL technologies
- Experience architecting and designing large scale, high availability multi-data center applications
- The ability to work with Linux and Windows for development
- Passion to own code quality, availability, reliability, security, and customer experience
- Experience with Agile software development is preferred
- Docker and Kubernetes experience is preferred
- Experience with Risk, Fraud and Security are preferred
We've got your back...
Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.Job ID R009409