GoDaddy engineers are shifting the global economy to support small businesses worldwide to create beautiful online experiences for their customers that help them grow and manage their business. We work fearlessly to build innovative solutions, platforms and business applications tailored to the unique needs of the small business owner. Using a collaborative, agile, small team approach we make cutting edge technologies simple and effective. Our team of technologists do the heavy lifting, so our customers can focus on making their dreams come true.
What makes a successful Director of Software Engineering – Marketing Technologies Platform employee at GoDaddy?
Check out the traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Tech Savvy
GoDaddy powers the world's largest cloud platform dedicated to small, independent ventures. With 19 million customers worldwide, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to empower entrepreneurs everywhere, making opportunity more inclusive for all. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
Engineering Manager for Marketing Technologies (MarTech) which enable inbound and outbound marketing campaigns.
We are looking for an exceptional Director of Engineering that will drive engineering execution for part of our marketing technologies portfolio. The leader should have proven ability to lead multisite and multi product engineering teams. Our Marketing Technology Engineering team is responsible for a personalization and communication platform that connects us with our GoDaddy customers daily across an array of marketing channels. Innovation and creativity are a part of what we do every single day. Our entire company moves at the speed of the internet and the only constant at GoDaddy is change.
The leader, working with the product owners, would drive an engineering organization that is focused on scalability, reliability and performance for all products. The engineering leader would work with a wide set of organizations including senior leadership in the company, product management, marketing, data center operations, central engineering, and finance.
- Lead and grow a team of strong engineers.
- Drive the engineering execution of product roadmaps. Partner with Product and Support teams to own the end to end customer experience.
- Drive architectural discussions within the organization and across the company.
- Drive the best agile practices including CI/CD.
- Work closely with Site Reliability Engineering teams and Marketing Operations teams to drive customer issues to resolution.
- Continue to drive improvements in engineering practices within the team and company wide.
- Manage and grow a multisite, multi-product engineering organization driving toward org efficiencies by planning (with the Product Management and Product Marketing Leaders).
- Lead projects on a dynamic environment that need to adapt quickly to changing requirements and react fast to our customer's feedback.
- Work with third party engineering teams who provide solutions we on-board and operate.
- Proven experience leading large organizations across multiple locations.
- Strong track record of product delivery in agile environment.
- Experienced in driving design discussions and getting alignment from engineers and product owners.
- Proven experience in building Distributed systems, APIs, Micro-services on public cloud.
- Experience integrating and resolving issues with hosted 3rd Party software products
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- 15+ years professional software engineering experience.
- 5+ years of people management experience.
- A bachelor in Computer Science (MS preferred), or relevant Engineering degree or equivalent experience.
As a part of GoDaddy's team, you help drive GoDaddy to its next level of domestic and global growth. From Engineering to Finance, PR to HR, our professional staff support and execute a successful business model that allows us to fuel success for countless entrepreneurs and innovators around the world.
Are you ready to GO with us?
When you GO with GoDaddy, you have the opportunity to be part of something special by making a meaningful difference in the lives of our customers. Their success is our success.
Here’s what you need:
- Passion to contribute to a truly exceptional customer experience, no matter your job title
- Understanding that innovation and creativity is a part of what we do every day
- Agility and action orientation – we move at the speed of tech
- Understanding of the privilege and obligation of being part of a team
Here’s what we’ll provide:
- A fun, dynamic and challenging work environment
- Formal and informal opportunities and support for ongoing learning, growth and development
- Team building activities and recognition
- Competitive base plus bonus incentive
- Medical, dental, and insurance coverage for all benefit-eligible GoDaddy employees
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need assistance completing an application for a position with us, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at Recruiting@godaddy.com
Please note that GODADDY does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.
To submit your application to this position, please click Apply . On the next screen, after you click Apply, click Create to establish your candidate account. If you have previously created a candidate account, please slick Sign-In and use that account to complete your application.
GoDaddy helps keep employees fit and healthy with generous health benefits. From the best medical, vision, dental, and disability to on-site health and wellness assessments and employee assistance plans.
GoDaddy is a strong believer in the value of higher education. The Education Reimbursement Program encourages our employees to pursue further education and advancement at the company.
GoDaddy offers programs to help advance the careers of our employees. Programs include instruction led by our trainers, as well as opportunities for Tuition Reimbursement.
GoDaddy encourages employees to take time away from work to Live Passionately. GoDaddy goes above and beyond to provide opportunities to enjoy time away from work and we provide generous time away to rest & recharge.
We know that maintaining a work/life balance is the key to success. At GoDaddy, we provide many perks and amenities to help facilitate this balance.
GoDaddy looks closely at the retirement provisions and provides a competitive 401k employer match program. Our retirement plans are designed to fund a comfortable retirement for our employees.
The amazing thing about GoDaddy wasn't that we were able to define a company standard and have that standard meet or exceed our goals in defining it. The amazing thing was how open the teams were to joining forces to investigate, decide, evangelize and engage on a change like this.
Chris Evans, VP of Engineering
I haven't met a developer yet who doesn't want to change the world for the better with their work.
Blake Irving, GoDaddy Board Director & Former CEO
The product team combines data and customer insight to deliver impactful experiences around the world. Working here is an opportunity to make a difference globally by helping individuals make a living and bring their ideas from inception to reality.
Steven Aldrich, Chief Product Officer