Creative Operations Manager, TechnicalKirkland, Washington | Hiawatha, Iowa | Santa Clara, California | Scottsdale, Arizona
GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit www.GoDaddy.com.
Location: Kirkland, WA | Hiawatha, IA | Santa Clara, CA | Tempe, AZ
Our Technical Creative Operation Managers at GoDaddy are passionate connectors and problem solvers. By supporting the various aspects of the Experience Design and Brand teams, you will enable creatives to focus their time on designing, writing and shipping creative for our online properties. You will improve team communication, collaboration, and remove roadblocks. Finally, you'll utilize a full range of organizational and interpersonal skills to help keep our teams on track, execute specific design initiatives intended to grow team culture, industry expertise, and team impact, and you'll have an opportunity to work with cross-functional teams as you establish great ways of working together.
What you'll get to do...
A successful technical creative operations manager candidate will have a strong attention to detail, an appreciation for elegant UI/UX experiences, and the ability to anticipate the workloads based on forecast and pull in the resources necessary to complete the projects. You will find a balance between creative needs and executional timelines to staff projects appropriately and set the team up for success, while offering outstanding creative solutions to customer experience problems.
- Identify and drive design initiatives forward that have multiple partners and many moving parts
- Put repeatable processes in place that help us plan and manage multiple parallel projects and run our business and seek chances to define improvements to team efficiency and process
- Primary point of contact for design, working closely with design leads and directors to proactively clarify requirements and use cases, actively seeking clarification when there is ambiguity
- Run Agile Design Sprint Process, ensuring sprint goals are met and team can hit target goals
- Provide daily, full-traffic management of internal creative teams, maintaining the Jira backlog and facilitating creative intake
- Anticipate bottlenecks, provide issue management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints
- Build, maintain, and disseminate project information to support the management team with effective team communication and proactive problem solving
- Drive and communicate project requirements to creatives to ensure project output meets the brief and ensure all pieces of the request are delivered within the anticipated timeframe
Your experience should include...
- Experience project-managing design to dev handoff to ship experience to 100% fidelity
- Familiarity with the technical requirements behind a website launch, from initial implementation to go-live
- Intermediate knowledge of agile project management principles
- Experience in partnering with external vendor relationships
You might also have...
- Experience running and operationalizing design systems
- Eye for design – an affinity to spot appealing aesthetics and an ability to distinguish when design solutions improve user experience and are on brand
- Experience handling Jira data integrations through APIs
- Familiarity with cloud-based UI/UX design software (Sketch, Figma).
- Ability to multi-task as needed
- Ability to tackle problems and come up with solutions on a regular basis.
- Strong use of organizational collaboration tools (SharePoint, Confluence, Jira, Jive)
- Familiarity with Gantt workback software (Asana, Smartsheet)
We've got your back...
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.Job ID R012047