Creative Director of AdvertisingPrimary Location: Kirkland, Washington Additional location(s): New York, New York
Location: Kirkland, WA or US, Remote
This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Colorado, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands.
What you'll get to do...
GoDaddy is on a mission to radically shift the global economy toward life-fulfilling independent ventures. In that work, GoDaddy is looking for an Advertising Creative Director who is relentless in pursuit of great creative, possessing a powerful combination of experience, talent, and instincts that drive you to deliver stunning concepts on time, on budget, and on brief. The scope of work will be predominantly full funnel campaigns for the US market. The Advertising Creative Director is hands-on, serving as an exemplar for the creative team and a champion for the creative process. The right candidate will know how to translate briefs into amazing concepts and how to lead teams to realize a vision, including decisively pulling the plug on dead ends while pushing through on innovative concepts that others may miss. The Advertising Creative Director is a compelling presenter and tireless advocate for GoDaddy, with the experience to serve as point person for creative on leading projects, and to partner with internal teams to see concepts through stunning execution.
This leader will oversee multiple projects from concept through execution; contribute to the development of digital and marketing strategies; drive collaboration between creative, account and strategy teams; and inspire teammates at all levels to exceed expectations. This work will predominantly be for the US market (our biggest market) and across multiple channels. The successful candidate is a true collaborator, keeping up-to-date with innovative work across industries, and sharing internal and external best practices with GoDaddy, while inspiring others toward creativity and continually imagining new ways for us to be engaging, always. We are consistently striving to deliver bold, creative solutions anchored by principled research. Expect a fast-paced, fluid environment where collaboration, communication, and professionalism are key, and where GoDaddy teams create and innovate fearlessly.
- Experienced leader and confident creative leader who seeks excellence in all aspects of the creative process.
- Strong collaborator and relationship builder, who seeks out opportunities to connect across the company, and looks for ways to combine, align, and amplify efforts.
- Plays a key role in envisioning, directing and inspiring great creative campaigns that push the boundaries of what is possible today.
- Lead a team of creatives from conceptual development to project delivery.
- Promote continual creative improvement and actively contribute to a culture of innovation, excellence, and accountability.
- Mentor and lead staff to maintain consistent creative quality and develop award-winning work.
- Lead concepting, creative development, and presentation of campaign pitches.
- Collaborate with teams throughout the company to work in the best interest of our customers and maximize company strategic resources.
- Foster a creative, inclusive environment that empowers every individual to contribute fully.
- Drive creative brainstorm sessions and ideation.
- Lead the creation and direction of vision demos and prototypes, which establish and drive product-wide concepts, brand narratives, and experience value propositions.
- Maintain and refresh current best practices and methodologies, and effectively communicate industry trends and techniques.
Your experience should include...
- 10+ years of related experience, with a strong background in advertising campaign thinking, creative direction, brand strategy, communications/marketing, and client relationships with at least 2 years’ experience managing a creative team.
- A true collaborator with a strong strategic sense and a proven track record of developing impactful, strategically-focused creative, and the experience and willingness to reinvent creative structures for a changing world.
- Ability to conceptualize and turn an idea into a fully integrated, successful campaign.
- Excellent presentation skills and communication abilities, both internal and client-facing.
- Experience or interest in engaging audiences in social issues, not just product brands.
- Proven track record of conceiving, planning, and executing creative strategies.
- Ability to work well under pressure, juggling multiple projects and deadlines.
- Knowledge of multiple creative channels, including TV, audio, social, digital and more.
- Proven leadership skills with experience guiding teams.
- Understanding of the production process for initiatives of various size across multiple media platforms including video, web, mobile, experiential and social.
- Ability to craft and deliver compelling presentations that sell ideas and expand client relationships.
- Provide clear and objective critiques of creative work during development.
- Proven mentoring and team-building skills.
- Ability to link creative to strategy and client objectives
We've got your back... Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
About us... GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us (https://aboutus.godaddy.net/about-us/overview/default.aspx.)
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.Job ID R013606