Android Software EngineerPrimary Location: Kirkland, Washington
GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit www.GoDaddy.com.
Location: Remote United States or near a GoDaddy office. This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Colorado, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands
The Payments team has a mission to deliver brand-new payment processing capabilities to GoDaddy users through the use of mobile technologies, enabling everyday entrepreneurs to elegantly sell in-person.
What you'll get to do...
- Contribute to our mobile application(s) using Kotlin to deliver a compelling user experience
- Participate in planning, architectural discussions, implementation, and maintenance of the Payments codebase and application integrations
- Be accountable for code quality by following established patterns and writing high quality and comprehensive tests
- Work collaboratively on a distributed team
- Perform code reviews to suggest, encourage, and support coding best practices
Your experience should include...
- 5+ years of experience using Kotlin to develop and deliver production applications for Android
- You’re an expert with using:
- Kotlin Flow
- Jetpack Components, including Navigation
- Ability to write high quality code with a focus on testability by:
- Adhering to the SOLID principles
- Testing all possible outcomes
- Writing maintainable and understandable code
- Performing small refactors as you go to clean up technical debt while delivering on import, business-critical initiatives
- You have experience working with BLE / Bluetooth peripherals within a mobile application
We've got your back...
Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at email@example.com.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.Job ID R012383